Skip to main content

Posts

The tag so good they named it twice!

Just the one tag today. I started by blending distress oxide in the background. These blend beautifully, far better than the traditional inks. I then die cut a cityscape, using the blank space I cut from for another layer in the background. I backed the cityscape with yellow card so there were lights in the buildings. I then die cut a bridge and statue of liberty. God they were fiddly! Finally I added a sun and some clouds

I've also been working on the stitch, so here is the update. Going to be a lot of trees on this page.  Noting else crafty to add I'm afraid. I'm in the middle of two projects though, so they should be on next week's. Until then happy crafting. Ems 
Recent posts

Tag you're it!

Been going back to some basics this week, using stamps and stencils. I wanted to try out the distress oxides, as I had heard that you can layer them cleanly. I ended up making five tags, so I will go through them one by one.

This first one has two Tim holtz stencils in the background, and visible image stamps. The jelly fish is white embossed, with blue promarker in the body and the bubbles. 
This was with a striped stencil, and another visible image set as well as a moth from a magazine freebie set. I deliberately coloured a lot of the tag in black. The lightbulb was coated in crackle glaze. 

I used the diamond shifter stencil here and a crackle stamp, as well as stamps from a magazine. The stars are simply coloured yellow and the words are edged in metallic distress crayon. 

I used a number stencil then sprayed with distress metallic spray and stamped stars with brown ink. The phrase and deer are embossed with copper metallic powder. 

This one is my favourite. I used a circle shifte…

Dreams of stars

Made a few things this week. Before I get onto those, here is the latest update on the stitch. I'd hoped to get page 2 done this week but I'm not quite there.
As you can see I've only got that little corner to do where the tree is and then I have to back stitch the giraffes. It's looking really good though! I was tempted by a bank holiday sale on one of my cross stitch sites today but then I remembered how long this is taking!

I used a jewellery book to make myself a necklace and earrings. It's a beading technique more complicated than I am used to, but it worked first try! I only regret that the only beading thread I have is black.
I also made a mixed media piece. Was a bit disappointed when making this cos I had to throw away a metallique paint and my gel glue as they had both solidified. Not happy. They come in quite big pots so you don't really get a chance to use them before this happens. Lesson learned I guess. Anyway I started with a piece of card painti…

Yo ho yo ho

Week off this week so plenty of time to craft but not much inspiration. Still, I have managed a few things. First of all, here is the progress on the cross stitch.


I've also made a couple of cards this week. The first is a star shaped card with Wallace and gromit freebies from a magazine.

The second was a sailor theme. I used lumber embossing folder on white card with blue ink for the base. I then used oxide ink to colour paper (love the fact you can layer them up) to cut out a port hole from steampunk parts die, as well as a ship. The sails were cut from white card, and the waves blue. The background was stormy sky oxide with my home made cloud die. I then added a silver embossed anchor, some rope and some embossed bottles. Finally, I've been tryingout casting clear resin as a change to my old type. This sets in ten minutes! So easy to use and I'll definitely be ordering more. One of the things I cast was a honeycomb piece, which I turned into a necklace.  I was actually …

There's no place like home

Surprisingly productive this week so there's a few things to show you. I took a set of four Tim holtz vignette boxes, gluing in the letters for home and painted it white. I then added some crackle paste and art stones, before spraying with lindys sprays. I then due cut some flourishes and skeleton leaves from metallic paper, and coloured some flowers.





These are going up on the wall. 
I also used some resin cogs this week on a mini set of drawers. I was a bit stymied about what colour to use and then when I saw the red and yellow I've got I thought it would make a perfect iron man themed piece! 




Finally I've been making good progress on the stitch. 

Until next week, Ems 

Tying myself in knots

Just a short one this week. I was going to wait until later to post as I'm in the middle of a piece, but since next week is my longer week and I might not have chance to make something I thought I would save it. So here is the stitch update.

I've also made a bracelet, using purple cord, some stones left over from a kit and a flower I dyed with alcohol ink. I used knots in between the beads so that the purple cord was more visible in the finished piece. 
The green stones really go well with the purple cord. They're more of a metallic colour so they really glimmer in the sunlight.  Ems 

Looking out to sea

I was inspired this week to make a marine themed piece. I started off by painting an mdf window black and then coating it with vintage silk wax. This is perfect for driftwood . I then chose a galaxy card for the background. Once that was done I added various elements including art stones. I wanted to keep a muted theme so I painted some sequin mermaid tails with metallique paint, painting them while they were still wet with black gesso to get a darker feel. I also painted resin pieces. The shells were painted with chalk paints and antiquung cream. The flowers were painted with sparks paints. The seaweed is christmas light snipart broken up and coloured with Lindy sprays.







I've also been working on the stitch. I've completed all the half stitch bits on this page now. 
Until next time
Ems