Skip to main content

Collage box

Decided to do something a little different craft wise this week. Before I get onto that, first the decluttering.


Nars Orgasm Blush - there's something unseemly about the fashion for naming make up like this. It's supposed to be the universal blush, but it's too glittery for me. It's also a couple of years old, so can't go to the charity shop. Bin.


Nars lip palette. Bought this as there's one colour I love but I thought it would be a bargain getting this in comparison. I was wrong. The palette doesn't work half as good as a lipstick does. Bin.

Holey socks. What is it with me and socks?! Bin.




The above three photos are ink cartridges. All run out, so bin. 
A lot of bare minerals eyeshadows. I'm a little too old for colours such as these now, but they are still good so I'm taking them to a  charity shop.

Next, Disney stitch update. I'm pleased to say not only have I completed the backstitch for the whole thing, but I've also finally taught myself the French knot!






Obviously no french knots on there (been working on it since I took the picture) but I'm so pleased beacuse now I'll be able to finish it properly.

Finally, I've made a collage box this week.



I got these from The Works with loads of wooden flower shapes inside. That's the best thing about craft purchases - nine times out of ten you can find use for the packaging too. 


The first section has my version of a letterpress box. I don't have any myself, so I glued an X onto some card, layered that on a few more pieces of card painted it all black, then painted the X gold before attaching it to the box with foam pads. I also glued the wish token on the side. All backgrounds to the box sections are Docraft nature papers. 


The second section has a few ceramic stars glued in, while the third has a bottle. It was filled with orange and white beads with a remnant rub on attached to the bottle. I actually had to cut a little of the cork off because it was too big for the box.


The fourth section has a number five which was stickled and crackled. It also has five dice - the original plan was to have every other number on there apart from five but these dice don't have a six, so I just stacked them so the numbers one to five are facing out. The centre section has an ornate keyhole. 

The sixth section has a die cut bird, cracle glazed and alcohol inked. It also has a wire nest with pearl eggs, and some flowersoft. 


The seventh section is a die cut flower, coloured with Lindy's spray and with a load of black beads in the centre. The eighth section has a picture of a butterfly in a metal circle. This didn't work as well as I would have liked - in retrospect I think I used too much Glossy accents. 

Finally the last section has a domino piece and a set of wings. These boxes are a great way of using up the little things in a stash, and would make perfect gifts for people as you could tailor make it to their likes, or to shared memories.

Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying a challenge

Two posts today - this will be a short one, as I'm entering this card in the Countryview crafts March challenge  which is inspired by Tim Holtz. Relatively easy when I have so much of his stuff! Anyway, here is the card. I started off by cutting out a piece of white card, and inking it with Distress Inks, before using a harlequin thinlit die (one of the mixed media sets). I backed it onto purple card, then cut out a sentiment in purple card, and black card. Finally I sprayed a piece of card with Lindy's sprays, then used Tim's butterfly frenzy die to die cut a load of butterflies. Ems

Altering again!

My craft mojo came back! I decided to treat myself the other day to a new paper pad, and chose G45 Steampunk Spells. Graphic 45 papers are expensive but boy are they worth it! I wish I'd got into them sooner as there are some older pads that are gorgeous, but unavailable now. Anyway, once I got the pad and overcame the urge to just admire the paper and do nothing with it, I got to work. I decided to try to make something to enter into a couple of challenges, namely the  Craft room something old, something new challenge  and  That's Crafty! Girl power challenge . The first thing to do was to decide what to make. I was going to do a card, but then I found this: This was a cutlery drawer that a friend gave me. To be honest I have been using it to store sharpies in, but no more. Here it is now: What a change! I started by painting it in black acrylic, then got to work on each section. I used the Clockworks paper for the background, cut out some cloc...

What to do when you hit a wall?

Sorry guys, this is gonna be another pic-lite one. This is for two reasons. The first is because I decided to be a complete idiot the other day and crack my head open on the door at work, so I have to take things easy for a couple of days. The second is strange. I woke up the other day and it was as if someone had flipped a switch. All of the self-confidence that I had built up through my crafting over the last year has disappeared - just like that. I've spent the large majority of my life thinking that I am not good enough; in what I do, what I say, in short, in who I am. With crafts I was finally starting to believe in myself. So it is very hard at the moment, as I feel that I am right back at square one. I am hoping that this is temporary, and that I will soon feel myself again. I have to remind myself that I am very early in my crafting journey, and there are bound to be bumps along the way. I am aware that it is probably linked to my current state of high anxiety, as susta...