Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from September, 2018

There's a bug in the system

To be perfectly honest, i have not been feeling it this week. Too knackered to do anything when i came home from work, and not well this weekend, so i am feeling a combination of meh and bleurgh.

It's not been all bad. I have managed to make a necklace and earrings. These were made with beads and findings from my stash, plus a dragonfly that came in a craft box.





The combination of browns with metallic greens really pops. 
I've also been working on the cross stitch - another page down, and 2.25 to go. 

The weird thing is at the moment i have gotten to the point that i have so much craft stuff that i don't know what to work on next. Anyone got any ideas on how to get over crafters block?
Well, until a hopefully more productive next time,  Ems

Fairies at the bottom of the garden...

I've been making a few things this week, so I'll just get on with it instead of blathering on.


You can see here there is a large white space still to do, but it is all the one colour!

Something came up on Beads Direct about angel earrings, which were done with pom poms and tiny angel wing charms. I had pom poms, but no little wing charms, so i found these ones instead. Originally i was going to attach the eyepins onto the wings with jump wings, but they hung down too low. However, i kept the jump rings attached, and glued the eyepins to the wings - this meant that the little jump ring was positioned in the right way to be a halo. 

From angels to fairies. This is a tobacco tin. I papered the back and coloured a wooden door with Lindy's sprays. I added some coloured fibres, then die cut some Tim Holtz fall foliage. I also added a few fairy charms, and some flowersoft, as well as putting some flowersoft in a tiny jar. 

This is pretty much all from the latest craft box, which …

Dreaming of the sea...

I've been making jewellery this week, purely because I have not been able to think of what to do mixed media wise. Here are my makes.



This was a white resin shell, coloured with alcohol ink and with some sparks painted small art stones added to mimic barnacles. A bail was added to this, then i made a necklace with some white and green pearls, and finally added a dreaming of the sea charm. 

This is a bracelet. Something simple; just a wool wrapped centre bead, some white beads and extender chains to finish. 


A bookmark, made with some peanut green beads and a couple of flower charms. 
Finally, here is the update on the stitch. I'm over halfway through now. 

Ems

Heartbreaker

So to the rest of what I have been up to this week. To start with, here is the update of the stitch.

As you can see i have almost finished page 3. 
I also decided to use some snip art for a project this week. I have got two copies of the background clock and really wanted to use one. I started off by painting a wooden heart in gesso, before using wax to coat it red. I then grabbed some gears, painting them with metallic rose wax and silver wax, and used gold wax on the background clock. 





I then had a thought - i have not used a paper doll in ages! I got some snip art wings, painting them with finnabair paints, then attached them to a paper doll. I then grabbed some Tim Holtz sentiments, a prima bulb, a metal fan and a red rose. 
Ems

Forever Autumn Challenge

This will be the first of two posts today, as i thought it has been a while since i entered into a craft challenge. So here is my entry.




 I started off by using a blend of inks and an autumn leaf stamp to make a background on a manila tag, before edging it with distress crayons. I then attached a brown ribbon and stamped a sentiment. I then used Tim Holtz funky foliage and added some honey coloured gems.

I'm entering this into the That's Crafty Forever Autumn Challenge 

Through the porthole

I got the idea to do a shaker piece this week, and kinda went with it! I started off by getting a grungeboard square base, before cutting out some woodgrain kraft resist paper to match. I sprayed this with Lindy's sprays, then cut it into strips before attaching it to the base. I then cut out a circle from thick card, and another matching circle with a small circle in the centre. I glued button onto this ring, added sand texture paste and coated it in gesso before using rust paste. I then cut out a circle from normal card, coloured it with distress ink and stamped some fish and seaweed in dark blue, before embossing a jellyfish in both seafoam embossing powder and holographic and using a white pen to make lines of light. I then cut another circle out of acetate, and added some seashell sequins to make a shaker card, using thick foam to put it together. Once that was finished and attached to the base with some sprayed sisal fibres underneath, i added some stamped seaweed to the out…