Skip to main content


Showing posts from June, 2018

When life gives you lemons

A few different makes this week. First some jewellery, and as the title suggests, there are lemons involved.

I didn't work on the thing that i had been working on last week, so that will be for another time. I have made a necklace, and a pair of earrings that i will wear for an upcoming wedding. The earrings were made by gluing some vintage cabochons to a pair of cages, and adding some seed beads.

The necklace is made of seed beads, leaf connector charms and a geometric fox for the central piece. 

Papercraft wise, i have made a tag and a card. i wanted to use a prima coin as a focal piece for the tag, so i coloured it with metallic waxes, then distress inked a tag and stuck it on. Once i had done this i coloured some lace, and alcohol inked a butterfly before coating it in metallic wax. I used prima art stones and resin rain drops, as well as a flower, a Tim Holtz sentiment. I cut the end word off as i had a wooden sentiment of 'lovely' so i cut the l and y off. Finally i …

Sailing, sailing, heading god knows where. And now that we're all here, we're not all there.

A few makes this week. Before I go onto those, here is the latest update on the cross stitch.

That's page 7 done, and only 2 more to go.

I've also made a couple of pairs of earrings. All you need for these is some chains, head pins, eye pins, earrings and beads. Relatively easy to do, and they look pretty cool. One thing you need to bear in mind is to keep an eye on the amount of beads you use on each bit, as well as the size of the beads. That goes especially for the lead eye pin, as if the beads are too small, the fringe pins will move around too much. Anyway, here they are.

I've also been working on a new jewellery technique, but I want to wait until they are finished before I share them. Instead I will share a nautical themed notebook I made. 

This is mainly using things from the Craftboxes I have received so far. The inside is just patterned paper. The outside started with distress inks on plain card, with transparent gloss texture paste through a bubble stencil, and …

Busy bee

Ok I haven't really been a busy bee, but it works with what I have made this week. I was going to just post a little teaser, but I ended up actually finishing it.

So this was the original teaser I was going to post, hence the title of the post. I got some new distress ink pads and, coupled with the Rare Earth insect stamps, it gave me an idea. I decided on a tag as a base, inking with various yellow and orange distress inks, and stamping with a dotted background and script stamp in brown. After finishing the background I cut out a globe in black and put it on there. I then got some wooden hexagonal shapes and coated them with distressed embossing powder. I made some honeycombs on the tag, then stamped some bees and coloured them with distress crayons, and Glossy Accented the wings. Finally I added a circular metal tag, and some metal things on the corners (filigree I think they are called?)

I kind of wanted to illustrate the importance of bees to our planet, especially in terms of…

Stitching of a different kind

Not done much this week to be honest, as I spent an enjoyable weekend up in Plymouth watching Sarah Millican. I tried a new technique (for me anyway) to make some earrings, which was beadworking. They are only simple ones, and there is a mistake on one pair, but for a first try it is not bad.

I liked the technique so much that I ended up buying some books so that I can learn more. Hopefully this means that I will be able to make a dent in my bead stash, even if buying something more to lessen the amount of things I have is a bit of a paradox. 
As well as this, I have of course been working on my cross stitch. Here is the latest. 

I'm hoping to get it finished by August, so that I can get the other one done by the end of the year.  Sorry for the short post today, but I am absolutely knackered after this weekend, almost to the point of falling asleep whilst I am typing this. I have an idea for a piece that I will be working on this week, so hopefully next weeks will be a little bit …