Skip to main content


Showing posts from May, 2018

Making cards

You can probably guess by the title of this post what I have been making. Two cards this week. The first is a birthday card, and Mr Holtz had the perfect sentiment for the inside.

For the outside, I decided to go for a cross between dapper and steampunk. To start with I cut out some black card, and edged it with fire ruby wax. I then made my own background, by inking plain card and using some stamps and stencils and brown ink. I then stamped a bowler hat and a moustache, coloured them in, and used Glossy Accents on them. Now the strange thing is I coloured the bowler hat with grey pens, but for some reason it ended up a delicate red! Still, it goes well with the colour scheme. I also die-cut a pair of glasses out of black card, using fire ruby wax on them. I added some snip art cogs coloured with gold and silver wax, a clock with fire ruby mixed with silver, and finally I stamped a sentiment, die cutting 60th on there.

The second card is for father's day, and I went to my Muppet…

It's been an expensive month

What with buying a Big Shot plus, and having to replace the broken fridge freezer and all the food that was ruined, this month has been a bit of a bad one, in terms of both saving and losing weight. I seem to have lost the drive for both if I am perfectly honest. That's not why I write this blog though. I have been busy making things this week, so here are the makes.

Here is a necklace that reminds me of sweets, especially the pear drop style gems on the bottom. Findings include eye pins and jump rings.

This was a simple necklace. There is a head pin with yellow and black beads on to represent bees, a cabochon with a stamped bee in it that I coloured with docrafts markers, a leaf bead, and a metal flower. This was originally silver but I painted it with black gesso then coloured it with wax.

The birds from this necklace were from a craft box. Another simple design  with some beads that I received in my Beads direct grab bag.

I got a Beadalon grab bag from Beads Direct the othe…

Odds and sods

I've been working on a few things this week. First of all, I dug through some of the items I got in my last Beads direct grab bag (so many beads) and found a few things, which gave me an idea to make a bracelet based on a bunch of grapes, as they are on the vine.

It doesn't photograph that well, but it looks lovely in real life. The purple pearls are perfect, as are the ceramic leaves.
I've also been trying out my new candy machine die. This is a Sue Wilson kinetics one. I was dubious that it would work, but it really does! The only thing I would suggest is to use smaller sweets than M & M's.

Obviously you would decorate the outside as well, but for now I just wanted to test if it worked.
I've been working on the cross stitch as well. Here is the update so far.

Finally, I dug into the craft boxes I have received recently and made a tag. I started off by gluing some circles on a wooden tag, then added crackle paste, before spraying it with a pink Lindy'…

Just a quick one

Haven't really had the chance to do any crafting this week. One of my works colleagues had his leaving do, so that was an evening out. This weekend I have been focussing on the cross stitch, as my creativity was a bit low. Well, actually I did have an idea and a couple of new dies to try out, but unfortunately I did not do my research properly. Partly my fault for not looking at dimensions, but I am going to point some blame at the magazine I got that stated a manual die-cutting machine was needed, but failed to mention the fact that the normal Big Shot was too small for the die. So now I have a Big Shot Plus on the way. I've actually been asked to make something for someone for the first time ever - that and the amount of likes I got on Facebook when I posted my savings shadowbox has made me have a little faith in my work and ironically made me kind of not be able to design something new.

So, cross stitch update only. I am a third of the way through though!

Next week I will …