Skip to main content

It's been an expensive month

What with buying a Big Shot plus, and having to replace the broken fridge freezer and all the food that was ruined, this month has been a bit of a bad one, in terms of both saving and losing weight. I seem to have lost the drive for both if I am perfectly honest. That's not why I write this blog though. I have been busy making things this week, so here are the makes.

Here is a necklace that reminds me of sweets, especially the pear drop style gems on the bottom. Findings include eye pins and jump rings.


This was a simple necklace. There is a head pin with yellow and black beads on to represent bees, a cabochon with a stamped bee in it that I coloured with docrafts markers, a leaf bead, and a metal flower. This was originally silver but I painted it with black gesso then coloured it with wax.


The birds from this necklace were from a craft box. Another simple design  with some beads that I received in my Beads direct grab bag.


I got a Beadalon grab bag from Beads Direct the other day as I was running low on some findings, and among the various items were these tassel toppers. There were eight of them, so I dug out some embroidery thread and beads and made four pairs of tassel earrings. I didn't have any E600 glue so I used a hot glue gun instead, which works fine.

I've obviously been working on the cross stitch. Here is the latest update.


Finally I dug out my Tando Creative triple arch, and made something out of it. I started off by painting it with black gesso, and then cut out some paper for the inner arches. It was just white card that I used distress ink pads on, before stamping it with a script stamp in black, and Tim Holtz cracks stamp in brown. Around the outside of the arch I used a combination of white sand texture paste, and the mini art stones and bigger ones, before dropping alcohol ink over it. After adhering the paper to the arches I found some embellishments for it. The centre arch has a prima art heart that I painted with black gesso, then used purple and gold wax to colour it. There is also a Tim Holtz word band and spider that I coloured with gold wax to keep with the colour scheme. The left side has a couple of glass bottles that have coloured seed beads in, as well as a cabochon that has the dictionary definition of fantasy. The right hand side has a Tim Holtz key which I rubbed with gold. As well as this there are snip art cogs scattered around, all painted gold.




Definitely my favourite piece of the week - the alcohol ink on the texture paste makes it look almost like there are natural crystals on there.

Ems



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.





So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…