Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from October, 2018

A stitch in time...

Just a quick one this week; I have had no time and no inclination to do anything other than stitch. On the bright side this does mean that the photo stitch is finished! Here it is...



That was a lot of blue on that last page! It does mean that I can now move onto my next one. I had wanted to get this one finished by November as it is poppy related, but obviously that cannot happen now. I have made a nice bit of progress on it this week though. 
There's an unusual amount of orange here, but I'm sure that's part of the plan. At least the first page is starting to take shape now. 
Until next time, Ems

Not even Halloween but here's some Christmas cheer!

Had to use my Disney dies to make cards didn't i? I had a plan originally to have the characters with a sleigh, but after painstakingly colouring and cutting out the sleighs and characters i realised they didn't work scale wise. Instead, i used the sleigh for the envelope. The cards had a Christmas background, then an embossing folder and distress ink. Finally i added the character on the side, and some Mickey decorations along the top. 


I have also been making some jewellery. Just some simple stuff; these leaf charms came with my latest craft box and just screamed earrings. 

This chain was attached to a pumpkin (which i don't like but will adapt to something else.) As well as the pumpkin, in the box was this lovely owl charm which i added gems to, so that the poor thing had eyes. Finally, i added a resin leaf which i coloured with copper paint and fairy wings sparks paint to give it a slight tinge of green. 

Finally, here is the update for the stitch. All goes well, i sh…

Spookalicious!

First post of this week is a challenge one. I wasn't going to enter That's Crafty Spookalicious challenge  but then I got my Craft Box, which was full of spookalicious goodness, resulting in this tag.



I started off by painting a tag with black gesso, then using Prima waxes and using a make up wipe to give it a grungy look by wiping off some of the paint. Then I used white embossing powder and a crackle stamp. The skull is a snipart one, which i painted black and coloured with waxes. It didn't look right when i put it on the tag so i added some paper to the back of it, using red alcohol ink to colour in the rose at the top. I added a bat a Halloween charm and some black lace, and finally a sentiment that i coloured with alcohol ink. 
Ems


Using G45 and Visible Image

Been making a few things this week. Before i get onto those, here is the progress on the photo stitch.




Doesn't look like much progress from last week but there are only three colours left on this page, so i think at the moment i am ahead of schedule. 
I've made a couple of birthday cards this week:

This is using G45 Steampunk Spells, the 1st G45 papers i got. I decided to dig them out to see if i could get a little inspiration. As well as using the papers, i used some snipart cogs that i sprayed with Lindy's sprays, and a Tim Holtz sentiment die. 

I used a Visible Image stencil on this one for the background, then added some snipart pieces i embossed with either white or holographic embossing powders, a sentiment, some pearls and flowers. 
Sorry for the short post this week, but I haven't been doing much craft wise. I will say that i have been planning for Nanowrimo - not for a novel but to get myself back into writing. I love my job but there is a downside; spend all …

Eye spot a 3-D card!

Managed to get my craft mojo back this week, but lost my healthy eating one and subsequently put on weight. I'll get it right one of these days! So, onto the makes.

To start with, i decided to try my hand at a 3D box card, after seeing a great one on Pinterest. If you search for exploding box cards you will find it, and the ones on there are far better than mine. I started off by cutting black card into 21cm by 21cm, then scored at 7cm intervals before cutting out the squares on each corner. I then cut out squares of white card, 6.5 by 6.5cm, decorating them with stamps and distress ink, as well as stencils on the inside ones. Once they were on the card i made a lid and added a decorated square to that, as well as some flowers that were stamped and cut out, and some dies and sepals. I stamped some butterflies, coloured them with Lindy's sprays and cut them out, before attaching them to the inside of the card using acetate. I then assembled the box.





For my second make i cut a ta…