Skip to main content

My geek box Jujly review

I decided to subscribe to a new box, as I really missed the Crafty Creatives one. I suppose I could have resubscribed to them, but I still do not like the new format so I looked around. I am a geek at heart so when I saw that there was a subscription geek box available in the UK, I signed up!

My geek box starts from 16.99 a month, and is a rolling contract. The first box I had was July, and the theme was animate!

The blue box is huge! They send it by Royal Mail tracking. The blue box comes in another box (pity they can't just have the blue box, to save packaging.

The first item was an Adventure Time Pop vinyl figure. Now I haven't seen Adventure Time, but I know it's very popular. I decided to gift this one to my brother's girlfriend, who loves the series.

Simpsons plasters. For some reason I have become increasingly accident prone lately so these will come in handy! I have already used one, as I tore the nail off my little toe.

I used to love Turtles when I was a kid! However, wrist bands are too big for me and Donatello was my favourite so I gave it to my little brother.

A Kwik E Mart reusable bag. It's quite handy actually cos it folds up so it's attached to a keyring.

A Kenny sticker. Not really into stickers so I gave it to my brother.

An Adventure Time t-shirt. This was quite nice and green in my favourite colour so I kept it for myself.

First impressions are good. I realise I gave half of it away but what I kept was still worth more than I paid for the box, and I like the fact that some of the stuff is not just geeky, but useful too. I'm looking forward to next month's box as the theme is Quests. Fingers crossed for some LOTR stuff!


  1. Lesson learned - do not write something when half asleep! What is Jujly?

  2. Never even knew something like this existed! Like a big version of a lucky bag,must be exciting to see what you get each month :)
    Donna xx


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.

The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.

So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.

Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.

I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 

I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!

I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…