Skip to main content

Project 18

Fourth from the end of the book now! Here is today's, called kindness is a blessing, and designed by Sue Wilson. Here is her version


I warn you now, her version is much better than mine! For a start, I have finally come to the conclusion that I cannot tie a bow for the sake of my life. So from  now on it's paper bows! What I wanted to take from this one is the use of one colour in both embossing and die cuts. I think that, if you are limited to only white card, you can still do a very effective card if you have some embossing folders and dies. Enough blathering though, here is my version




I also set the challenge with this one of using stuff in my stash that I had never used before. So I used a snowflake embossing folder, which is very effective for a simple background, and the cut and stamp chandelier in the middle, which I coloured using mica powder. I also used the mica powder to colour a clear button in the middle of some ribbon. I know there should be a bow there but I didn't want one (that's my excuse anyway)

What I like about this card is that without a sentiment it can be for any occasion, except perhaps sympathy. I also like the pegs, only because it's the first time I've used them as an embellishment. 

I'm having a little trouble posting at the moment. Well, not so much the posting but the actual creativeness. Whenever I have time off I just can't muster up the energy to do things. Hence the project book posts. I promise I will get back to normal soon, I'm just in a slump.

Happy crafting everyone
Ems


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…