Skip to main content

I'm back! Sort of...

Well unfortunately my camera has given up the ghost so I've been looking for alternative ways, and the best way I've found so far (which admittedly isn't great) is my ipod touch. The pics aren't very good admittedly, but for now they will do. The winter days don't help, I swear we haven't had any light today.

So I will update what I've done, and I guess I'm going to have to think of buying a new camera or something. Balls!

Here is where I currently am on the Beauty and the Beast stitch. I have a feeling it will last me till at least the end of 2016 the way it's going.


 
Honestly I work on it for hours yet it feels like I'm making no progress at all.
 
I decided to make a Christmas piece of jewellery the other day. Originally it was going to be some earrings, just something simple, but upon searching through my stash I realised that I didn't have any matching Christmas charms, so I decided to make a necklace instead.
 
I got one of my little bottles, lined it with blue glitter, then added polar flower soft and clear distress glitter, before pushing an eye pin through the cork, and attaching a santa inside. On the outside I cut out a Christmas stamp and glued it on there, and added a pink bow. I also found a couple of jingle bells, and a snowflake charm. Finally, I got an empty pendant base, glued a Christmas paper to it, added a 25 with foam pads to give it some dimension, then coated the whole thing in Glossy Accents.
 




 
The pictures don't do it justice.
 
Finally I found a jewellery holder in Poundland and decided to alter it (I actually bought two but so far have only done the one for my mum). It was hot pink when I started with it! I painted it black, then added some distress silver and sprayed it with a silver plastikote spray for the bits that were difficult to paint. After leaving it to dry I sealed it with a clear acrylic sealer. I replaced the ribbon (which is actually the bow above) with some beads on a wire. I also used the beaded wire below for a bit of decoration, with some tear drop purple beads added. At the top of the jewellery holder I glued the word Maggi, added some flowers, and finally added some gems to the butterflies.
 



I ended up taking the photos in the kitchen. The light is better there. Damn energy saving bulbs!
 
So at least I have proof that I've not been idle over the last couple of weeks. I've also been sticking to my daily writing. Admittedly there have been days I've thought it was crap, but that's not the point of the exercise. There's always editing.
 
Ems
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…