Skip to main content

Noodles!

I've been getting into the Christmas spirit this week. Possibly strange, given the time of year, but it's now that crafters think about getting their cards done. I had done a couple of designs before, but I saw an embossing folder that I fell in love with. So, combined with some colourcore card stock, I got to work.



Don't you love this embossing folder?

I've also been stitching. Here is the update.


broth, meat and veggies,
placed delicately in bowl
with a tea stained egg

Well, I ended up getting neither meat nor a tea stained egg, but this week was all about Wagamama's. Now, I had heard about this chain before from my very good friend Lucy, who raves about it but, like Nando's and every other half decent chain, there are none in Cornwall. I managed to get to one eventually, and ordered pork gyoza's and the yasai ramen. The food comes out when it is made, which means you may get it in a strange order. We didn't, as we had ordered the same thing.

Almost forgot to take a pic! These were nice, but the sauce was nicer than the dumplings.


The ramen was meat free. It was a Japanese omelette, some crispy silken tofu and some mushrooms, along with ramen noodles in a slightly spicy vegetable broth. I thought I would be brave and try tofu for the first time as well - that was spicy! I'm not sure of the texture though.

The one thing you don't get a grasp of by picture alone is the sheer size of the bowl. Far too big for one person, I did try my best but barely made a dent. Again it was nice, but I think it would be easy enough to do this yourself, and a lot cheaper in the bargain.

Emma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.





So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…