Skip to main content

Second thoughts...

Perhaps I should have made my new years resolution about crafting. All this new stuff, and I cannot seem to find any inspiration. Or at least, any get up and go. I have started making a little house from my new die though. Haven't finished it, which is why the only picture you will see right now is this...


As you can see I have the pieces cut out...just haven't put it together yet. Oh well.

I have been stitching, and have finished page three. Here is the update.


At least this is really coming together. There are 6 pages, but I wouldn't say I am halfway through, as pages four and five are choc-a-block with stitching, far more than the upper pages were. Lets say I am three eighths of the way there. I've done that last page in record time. I might start working on the frame soon, as I have an idea of what I want that to look like.

As for the two resolutions I did make? They have been going ok, but it is still early days. I have kept to my exercising (even if I am annoying the hell out of my mother on my stepper), have cut down on the snacking, and have kept spending to a minimum. In fact, out of the first seven days of the year I have had 5 NSD's already, and only spent £3 in what I would call a wasteful way, when I bought a bacon and mushroom granary baguette. I've also finally received my Fitbit Flex 2 which I ordered on Black Friday, and will be setting that up as soon as possible.

So...up's and down's. Such is life. I probably shouldn't be writing today because I am feeling particularly stressed for some reason, more so than I have felt in a while. And that does not a good post blog make. Still, it was on my to-do list today so I couldn't not do it could I.

Till next time,
Ems


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…