Skip to main content

I've been framed!

This week has not been great. I had to go home sick from work on Friday, for the first time in a good few years. I'm sure I am not the only one who hates being ill. This meant that the 10,000 steps for that particular day went out the window, but I have been keeping up with it every other day this week. Spending wise I have only had 3 NSD's bringing me halfway to my monthly total. Necessary spends included a driving lesson, food for work next week, and a new halogen oven, as ours is stuck on the same temperature.

There have been a few unnecessary spends. On Tuesday I took mum to Franky and Benny's for lunch, to the tune of £20.90. The thing that annoyed me was it cost over £4 for a pint of lager! Obscene price. Still, the chicken Caesar wrap was lovely. I've also got two subscriptions on the go, with the hope that will curb random spending. One is £12.54 for a SnipArt lucky dip envelope, and the other is £22.45 for the Craft Box, which looks amazing. Speaking of crafts, I tried my hand at my first house this week.





The other thing I made is a frame. I started off with a Hobbycraft frame, and cut out some dies from chipboard. I also used texture paste through a heart stencil, added some white sand texture paste and micro beads, and some brads that looked like nails.




After this I painted it black, then used prima wax in vintage gold. I added a light bulb (very specific light bulb) and some turquoise gems, then sprayed some white card with orange lindy's sprays, before die cutting them to make some red admiral butterflies.





I also die cut this tattered lace piece out of black card, using old silver wax to highlight the piece.



Finally this is the progress on page 4 of the cross stitch. It's going really nicely since I got my new standing frame.

Until next time,
Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…