Skip to main content

We interrupt this blog for a trip report!

Well I'm back! No crafting in this post because I'm still recovering from jet lag, so haven't made anything yet. I will say I picked up one thing, a Beauty and the Beast cross stitch, which I will add to the list of kits I need to finish before I buy anything else.

As you can probably guess from what I picked up, I went to Walt Disney World! I've been there a couple of times before, but I promised myself I would say on Disney property (another item of my fucket list checked off) so I booked Port Orleans French Quarter.





As you can see, it's based on Mardi Gras. These decorations are actually cast from the Mardi Gras parades. Believe it or not this is the cafeteria!





The hotel room was lovely. All American hotels typically have two double beds, so plenty of room to sleep.







Here's some pictures of the exterior. I didn't take as many pics as I should really.

There are definite advantages for staying on Disney property. The main one is the transportation system. There are buses (regular buses) that go to each park, and also to Downtown Disney. There was even a riverboat from our hotel to Downtown. The first night we arrived, we went on the boat and the driver mentioned that what we were smelling was honeysuckle. He had been waiting all year for that smell, and honeysuckles only bloom for a couple of days a year there, so we were quite lucky.

The other advantage is, at certain times of the year, depending on what hotel you choose to stay in, meals are free. As we stayed in a moderate hotel, we got the quick service plan. That's two counter service meals a day, plus a snack. That might not seem too impressive, until you take into account the portion sizes, and the wid variety of food you can get even on the quick service plan. UK theme parks tend to be either burgers, pizza or fried chicken. On this trip we had steak, pork chops, shrimp, lobster roll, Mickey shaped waffles with fresh fruit topping, burgers (of course), and even slow cooked pork (in the Be Our Guest restaurant)







That ceiling honestly looks like it came straight out of the film. And yes I did try the grey stuff and it was delicious!

We also ate at the Cowfish, a fusion of burgers and sushi. I played it safe and ate the boursin bacon burger. 

This trip was slightly different from my usual trips, in so much as I actually went with a child this time (rather than the big kid I usually go with) Unfortunately that meant I couldn't do the one ride I wanted to do, Gringotts, and some of the rides I love, but I got to see more of the characters and do some stuff that I usually wouldn't. I don't want to bore you with too much info, so I will just post some pics. As somebody once said, a picture paints a thousand words...













I didn't take as many pics as I wanted to but the people who I was with took more so when they have uploaded some I will put them on my facebook page. 

If I'm honest, the way I feel right now I may not go to Disney again. The people were friendly, the rides and shows were the same as they have always been but somewhere I lost part of the magic. I'm hoping it's just temporary and that I was pre-occupied with the impending book launch, because I'd hate the idea that I have lost the magic. Time will tell.

Crafting wise, I will continue going through the project book as soon as I feel more myself again, as well as starting work on some larger projects. 

Happy crafting everyone
Emma x


Comments

  1. Welcome back to Blighty! We, the country, missed you!

    GREAT photo's Em. Love them all. I'm going with you next time. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you hit a wall?

Sorry guys, this is gonna be another pic-lite one. This is for two reasons. The first is because I decided to be a complete idiot the other day and crack my head open on the door at work, so I have to take things easy for a couple of days. The second is strange. I woke up the other day and it was as if someone had flipped a switch. All of the self-confidence that I had built up through my crafting over the last year has disappeared - just like that. I've spent the large majority of my life thinking that I am not good enough; in what I do, what I say, in short, in who I am. With crafts I was finally starting to believe in myself. So it is very hard at the moment, as I feel that I am right back at square one. I am hoping that this is temporary, and that I will soon feel myself again. I have to remind myself that I am very early in my crafting journey, and there are bound to be bumps along the way. I am aware that it is probably linked to my current state of high anxiety, as susta

Altering again!

My craft mojo came back! I decided to treat myself the other day to a new paper pad, and chose G45 Steampunk Spells. Graphic 45 papers are expensive but boy are they worth it! I wish I'd got into them sooner as there are some older pads that are gorgeous, but unavailable now. Anyway, once I got the pad and overcame the urge to just admire the paper and do nothing with it, I got to work. I decided to try to make something to enter into a couple of challenges, namely the  Craft room something old, something new challenge  and  That's Crafty! Girl power challenge . The first thing to do was to decide what to make. I was going to do a card, but then I found this: This was a cutlery drawer that a friend gave me. To be honest I have been using it to store sharpies in, but no more. Here it is now: What a change! I started by painting it in black acrylic, then got to work on each section. I used the Clockworks paper for the background, cut out some clocks fro

If you leave me now...

A colleague left this week, ready to start her police office training, so I made a funny card for her. I found the definition on Pinterest, then decided to do my own line up for the inside.  I've also been working on the stitch. Here's the update. Not as much done this week cos of Christmas.  Until next year,  Ems