Skip to main content

Project five and a stitch update

Hello crafty peeps!

It's been hard for me this week. As most of you will know by now (since I've been talking about it a fair bit) my book is finally available for pre-order on Sunday. Which means from Sunday I will be posting a link with every blog post, in the hopes that you lovely people who read my blog will have a look at the link, and perhaps buy a copy.

However, the anxiety of this, arranging a talk at my old school (I have huge issues with talking in front of people) and post-holiday blues has meant my depression is sky high at present. Funnily enough, my anxiety (aside from book related problems) is quite low. I seem to have levelled out a little. This isn't medication related as I don't take medication. It is a bit disconcerting that I do not feel as anxious as I should, or as excited. Perhaps I will when it is real to me.

This has also meant that crafting wise I still have not come back up to standard. I'm back to my days off wasting hours on the internet, sometimes just staring at pages instead of seeing what is actually on there.

I have re-started the work on the project book though. Project five is called Stitched with love and is by Gabrielle Price. Here is her version


And here is mine




As you can see I changed a few things. I made my own frame from cardboard, painting it blue, crackle glazing it and rubbing black ink into the cracks. The paper is from the Papermania sew lovely range. I didn't have any art parts, but I did have some metal charms so I used those, as well as using actual buttons. I also used a ribbon with stitches on it for those areas where the white card was showing through. The part I like best is the dress form dolly. 

I've also been working on my cross stitch, sincce I have eight to do before I can buy anymore!



As you can see I'm still on the first page. There is far more confetti stitching than I had originally envisaged, but the picture is taking shape now.

Happy crafting everyone
Ems


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…