Skip to main content

Merry Christmas everyone!

A belated merry christmas to one and all. I thought I'd do a short post today. First, I'd like to show off my haul!


I've had this for a little while but it is technically a christmas present - a dementor globe!


A writing journal. Something I will be using a lot in the coming year.


A Disney Traditions figure. Beauty and the Beast was my favourite Disney film when I was growing up. 


I love this because of two things. One is Dr Who obviously (it's a quote from the eleventh doctor) and two it seems like the ideal quote for a fledgling writer.


Sherlock - enough said!


Another Disney Traditions figure, this one a Mickey marionette. I love this because you can actually move it around.


A Tardis necklace.


Pyjamas. I'd show more of them but I'm wearing them!


Slippers. Very comfy.


A craft MDF set to alter. This is a punch and judy box, from candy box crafts.


Three background stamps. The eagle eyed among you will spot that I was a little naughty and used the crackle one already!


Another kit, this one in its pre glued form. It's a theatre style advent calendar. 


A handmade jar of hot chocolate. Hot chocolate just sums up christmas for me.

So all in all a great set of presents this year. I also got £40, which means that if I do spot something I really want anytime soon I can buy it without having to complete the cross stitch first or feeling guilty. Which leads me to the next part of today's post. It's been a week since I started my frugal year, so how have I done?

In the week since I last posted I have spent twice. I bought the christmas food shop which came to a grand total of £66.42. I also took a fiver out of the cash point so that I could bring the stuff home in a taxi. The taxi cost £4 so the extra £1 went into my piggy bank. The second time I spent was also a necessity. About a month ago I tore my trousers at work and patched them up. Unfortunately the hole re-opened so, unless I wanted to show my bum to all and sundry, I had to go out and buy a new pair of work trousers. On the bright side, when the hole re-opened nobody noticed because I'd put my black leggings on underneath due to the cold! Something in me has changed though because I was really annoyed that I had to spend money. I bought the trousers on christmas eve, the shops were packed with people buying last minute presents so I ran it, grabbed what I wanted and quickly got out of there. They are just basic ones and cost £12.99

So I'm doing well so far. Still a long way till payday but I have that £40 and currently no plans to spend it on anything. It's also made me work harder on my cross stitch, seeing as how I will probably be coveting something soon enough. (Imagine a gollum style my precious thing and you're on the right track!) I've finally finished page one and have made a start on the second. Here is the update


How did everyone else's christmas go?

Happy crafting (and merry christmas of course)
Emma x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you hit a wall?

Sorry guys, this is gonna be another pic-lite one. This is for two reasons. The first is because I decided to be a complete idiot the other day and crack my head open on the door at work, so I have to take things easy for a couple of days. The second is strange. I woke up the other day and it was as if someone had flipped a switch. All of the self-confidence that I had built up through my crafting over the last year has disappeared - just like that. I've spent the large majority of my life thinking that I am not good enough; in what I do, what I say, in short, in who I am. With crafts I was finally starting to believe in myself. So it is very hard at the moment, as I feel that I am right back at square one. I am hoping that this is temporary, and that I will soon feel myself again. I have to remind myself that I am very early in my crafting journey, and there are bound to be bumps along the way. I am aware that it is probably linked to my current state of high anxiety, as susta

Altering again!

My craft mojo came back! I decided to treat myself the other day to a new paper pad, and chose G45 Steampunk Spells. Graphic 45 papers are expensive but boy are they worth it! I wish I'd got into them sooner as there are some older pads that are gorgeous, but unavailable now. Anyway, once I got the pad and overcame the urge to just admire the paper and do nothing with it, I got to work. I decided to try to make something to enter into a couple of challenges, namely the  Craft room something old, something new challenge  and  That's Crafty! Girl power challenge . The first thing to do was to decide what to make. I was going to do a card, but then I found this: This was a cutlery drawer that a friend gave me. To be honest I have been using it to store sharpies in, but no more. Here it is now: What a change! I started by painting it in black acrylic, then got to work on each section. I used the Clockworks paper for the background, cut out some clocks fro

If you leave me now...

A colleague left this week, ready to start her police office training, so I made a funny card for her. I found the definition on Pinterest, then decided to do my own line up for the inside.  I've also been working on the stitch. Here's the update. Not as much done this week cos of Christmas.  Until next year,  Ems