Skip to main content

Project six

So I'm back crafting again! Still working on the project book but I'm starting to get ideas of my own again, if you know what I mean. They are longer projects so I will be working on them, but doing the ones from the project book in the interim. So here is project six!


It's called Make Me Smile and was designed by Sue Wilson. One of the major problems I have craft wise is my lack of co-ordination. Not in terms of clumsiness. I am clumsy but that's another issue! I mean I have real trouble figuring out what goes together. That aside, here is my take on this one.




As you can see, I stuck to the original colour scheme, but made some changes. I did try to use my new damask die for the first time but the black card and the white card I have in my stash are both too thick for this, so instead I found this XO card in my stash. That, and two of the other pinks all came from the countryview crafts goody box I got a while back, as did the heart. The darker pink background was from my stash, and I used a new die I've got called Vintage Vine. 

The butterfly and the fairy wishes are stamps from the latest Cardmaking and Papercraft mag (with all the free stamps you get from these, it's very rare I need to actually buy any) and the twine and ribbon are from my stash (I'd be more specific but I have so much stash I've forgotten where some of it came from!)

The paper flower was difficult to do, especially since the first time I tried I didn't pay attention to the actual instructions and cut a strip instead of a spiral. The other thing I need to pay attention to is the measurements. I still haven't got the hang of that, and really should invest in one of those measuring/cutting mats. Anybody know where to get a decent one?

I've also decided on my New Year's resolution for 2015, but that will be a post for January 1st! It's along the lines of something I have done before, but in a more official way (kind of) and something that will hopefully not be broken!

Happy Crafting everyone
Emma x


Comments

  1. Gorgeous layout Emma,loving the colours used.

    Do you mean a self healing cutting mat? I have an X Cut one that I use all the time,that had all the measurements on it. I think I got mine from Ebay,there's loads of craft sellers on there.

    Big hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info Donna - I'll look at ebay. What size do you think is best?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…