Skip to main content

Making a treat tin

I find it very hard to make presents for guys. It's so much easier with girls - alter something, add some flowers, and you're done. You could go the steampunk route of course, but I didn't feel it was right for a fathers day present.

Then I thought about my dad's dog - Oscar. I decided to make a treat tin for him, out of an altoids tin.


The inside is painted black around the sides.


The dog paper is simply white paper with some stamps I had. You can see this by the fact that the dogs on the top and bottom are in different arrangements.


The outside is painted black as well, and then kraft resist arrow paper was used with some distress ink.


A polymer clay bonio - it even says woof (courtesy of a stamp)


I painted some cardboard with gathered tigs and made it into a collar, added a fragment for the tag, then the bone and the word treats.


Spending wise the Sky bill came out (£21.50) and I decided to buy some easter eggs, some Danone yoghurt drinks, some Doritos and a banana custard Muller Light yoghurt (which was disgusting!)

Finally the tasks

1. Starry Night cross stitch (DONE!)
2. Project book (DONE!)
3. Complete book plans (no progress)
4. Read and review 100 books (54/100)
5. Make 14 christmas presents (no progress)
6. Make 11 birthday presents (9/11)
7. Make calendar, box and tags (no progress)
8. Hit minimum savings target (34%)
9. Kili cross stitch (started)
10. Write 50,000 words (no progress)

Hopefully I'll make a good dent in some of the tasks this week

Happy crafting 
Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.





So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…