Skip to main content

A little birdy told me

First of all, thank you to the people who have bought my book, Lonely As A Cloud. Don't forget if you want a chance of winning a signed copy please comment on the previous post before midnight on Monday.

I'm really making progress on the sewing room stitch. Here is the progress so far


Just that little bit to do at the bottom before I back stitch it and add the charms.

I bought a magazine with a free set of stamps the other day (never get tired of the free gifts with the mags) and decided to make a card. For this I used an aperture card, pebble card (which I won ages ago) Sizzix brickwork die (used for the first time - I love using stuff for the first time, and rediscovering stuff too), the new stamps, a paper from another pad I won ages ago, and some promarkers. Here is the finished card.




 
The good thing is with a card like this it's easy to change the theme. So for example you could do a Halloween one by replacing the birds with bats and ghosts, and altering the brickwork colour. Or for a Christmas one you could keep the brickwork, use some Christmas stamps, and add some lights/tinsel to make it extra Christmassy.
 
Mental health wise I'm not doing well at the moment. So much so I've actually resorted to using Kalms. This may not seem like much to some people, but I am strongly against using medication for my depression for personal reasons, so to even use a herbal remedy means I know I'm not in a good way. I have been surviving on little sleep, punctuated by panic attack inducing nightmares that I cannot remember, and have also been having panic attacks at work. To be honest I am having trouble leaving the house at all at the moment, and not even crafting is helping me through it like it used to.
 
Here's to a better future (I hope)
Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.





So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…