Skip to main content

When things don't go right...

Two fold reason for the title today. The first is crafty related, so I'll start there. First here is the piece.




 
I started off by using versa mark ink to line the bottom of a pendant, then filling it layer by layer with black utee. I then used mica powder to colour it, and added a bug and a key. After this I covered it in versamark ink again and used clear utee. All good so far but I then made the mistake of adding a bit too much glitter, so I needed to do something at the top. So I grabbed some grungeboard shapes, coated them in black utee (stamped the heart) and coloured with mica powder, before assembling and glueing to the top of the pendant. Finally I attached a shrink plastic sentiment with a jump ring. It's not exactly as I pictured it (mica powder wasn't as bright on the inside as I wanted it) but it's pretty cool all the same. I really like the heart and the wings.
 
Second part of the title is that unfortunately my book sales have not gone as planned so far.So, instead of wallowing (ok I wallowed a little) I decided to do something about it. So, until Friday, Lonely As A Cloud is free on kindle for all who want it. I only ask that you think about leaving a review, or at least when the promotion is over tell your friends how good it is so that they buy a copy!
 
 
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lonely-As-Cloud-Emma-Slaughter-ebook/dp/B014OAOI9U/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=1C1RTXP203SZGPWXT2NX

I'm hoping to make another aperture card soon, plus I'm well on my way with the sewing room stitch, so busy busy!
Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…