Skip to main content

Stitchy updates

As you can tell, I love cross stitch! So today's post will be stitchy related again. (The next one won't be)

First of all, I have finished one of the bookmarks I was making.

 
I found a quote about reading that I liked, stitched that, then chose five colours that I thought went well together, stitching diagonal stripes six stitches wide. It was supposed to be five but I miscounted the first stripe! Finally I backstitched the words in brown. It is so important to backstitch things like this, really makes it stand out.

 
Here is the update on the Beauty and the Beast stitch. I'm hoping to get this page done before the end of March deadline, as any free time I have between the three month pages is going to be spent working on the next project.
 
Speaking of the next project....


 
Check out this mammoth bag of threads!!! There is over 150 threads here, all for the Heaven and Earth Designs Middle Earth map. The chart is 110 pages long, so what I will be doing is printing out a couple of pages at a time, and working on it slowly. First priority is to the Disney stitch though, as that's one of my resolutions. At least it gives me the motivation I need.
 
Ems

Comments

  1. Hi just found your blog - I love your bookmark and your big stitch is going to be amazing! Is there a way I can follow your blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Justine - I think you can follow by email. It's on the right hand side near the bottom.
      Ems

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.





So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…