Skip to main content

Beadhaul box review

Today I received the second official Beadhaul box (wish I'd signed up for the trial one but hey-ho). The theme was announced as stargirl a while ago and to be perfectly honest it was with some trepidation that I opened the box this morning. Stargirl seemed to me like something aimed at early teenage girls, but boy was I wrong!

 
You always get two pieces of card, a greetings type one (this one) which gives you more of a clue of what the theme is about. I love the inclusion of Ziggy Stardust here. The second one is a picture of all that should be in the box, just in case there's something missing

Aluminium wire - always good for essential works

 
Natural hermatite star beads - I love these. Grungy and galactic at the same time.

 
A silver plated chain. I'm glad they include some essentials in each box.

 
Crystal glass faceted bicone beads

 
Square copper seed beads - I've only ever seen the usual round beads seed bead wise so this is a nice change.

 
Acrylic star dust beads - I've had similar to this before but on a much larger scale. Smaller is definitely better.

 
Star charms - interesting there are so many of these.

 
Cat and moon charms - these are definitely becoming earrings!

 
Star charms - larger and a different colour than the other ones.

 
Planet charms - can also see earrings in these.

 
Star and moon spacer beads - I haven't used spacer beads much but I'm aiming to change that

 
Black acrylic faceted beads

 
Acrylic crackle beads - the black one is my favourite. Not sure why.

 
Ceramic round beads - I like these cos they look like Earth but I'm not sure what to do with them yet

 
Acrylic crackle beads - smaller than the others and in one colour only

 
Crystal glass teardrop pendants - these are HUGE. Far too big for earrings but would make a lovely centrepiece for a necklace. They remind me of mystic topaz.
 
I love this box - definitely up my street. I've got this week off so hopefully I'll be making some jewellery very soon. I'm also planning to make some cards this week, and work on my stitching of course.
 
If you are thinking of getting Beadhaul box yourself, it's available from Crafty Creatives, is released every two months (so six a year) and is £15 per box.
Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you hit a wall?

Sorry guys, this is gonna be another pic-lite one. This is for two reasons. The first is because I decided to be a complete idiot the other day and crack my head open on the door at work, so I have to take things easy for a couple of days. The second is strange. I woke up the other day and it was as if someone had flipped a switch. All of the self-confidence that I had built up through my crafting over the last year has disappeared - just like that. I've spent the large majority of my life thinking that I am not good enough; in what I do, what I say, in short, in who I am. With crafts I was finally starting to believe in myself. So it is very hard at the moment, as I feel that I am right back at square one. I am hoping that this is temporary, and that I will soon feel myself again. I have to remind myself that I am very early in my crafting journey, and there are bound to be bumps along the way. I am aware that it is probably linked to my current state of high anxiety, as susta

Altering again!

My craft mojo came back! I decided to treat myself the other day to a new paper pad, and chose G45 Steampunk Spells. Graphic 45 papers are expensive but boy are they worth it! I wish I'd got into them sooner as there are some older pads that are gorgeous, but unavailable now. Anyway, once I got the pad and overcame the urge to just admire the paper and do nothing with it, I got to work. I decided to try to make something to enter into a couple of challenges, namely the  Craft room something old, something new challenge  and  That's Crafty! Girl power challenge . The first thing to do was to decide what to make. I was going to do a card, but then I found this: This was a cutlery drawer that a friend gave me. To be honest I have been using it to store sharpies in, but no more. Here it is now: What a change! I started by painting it in black acrylic, then got to work on each section. I used the Clockworks paper for the background, cut out some clocks fro

If you leave me now...

A colleague left this week, ready to start her police office training, so I made a funny card for her. I found the definition on Pinterest, then decided to do my own line up for the inside.  I've also been working on the stitch. Here's the update. Not as much done this week cos of Christmas.  Until next year,  Ems