Skip to main content

We are insignificant....

You can take the title in both a positive and negative light. Look for meaning in your life and you realise that, as one seven billionth of a species on a planet amongst billions of planets, you don't really matter. In the end, we will all be forgotten.

So, when you are in the middle of a bad spell, you begin to think what is the point of it all? Why bother doing anything when everything will be forgotten? Memories fade, things decay, it all ends up broken down in the end.

When you are in a good spell you think, yes, I am small, I am insignificant on the grand scale of things. But to a certain few? I matter. Deep down we are all made of the same stuff; atoms. So we are all connected in a way. This laptop I'm writing on, the hands that are typing out words, the brain that is coming up with this, it's all made of the same thing yet they work in so many different, spectacular ways. Life may seem insignificant at times but it's not. It's miraculous to even be living, breathing, and above all, thinking. Too spectacular to be wallowing in the mundane.

Anyway, the title came about because of what I have been making today. I used the latest beadhaul box to make some jewellery, specifically a pair of earrings and a necklace.

 
I decided to use the same method of threading beads onto an eyepin that they taught us in the fairytale box.

 
The chain fragments I bought ages ago (wish I could remember where from cos I'm running out) along with beads on eyepins really make a necklace quickly and easily.

 
Here's a closer look at the beaded parts. All beads came from the latest box.


 
You may not be able to see it clearly but there is a different star attached to the giant gem.
 
Now for the earrings!

 
Again I used eyepins here, which I had in my stash, earring hooks (stash again) and beads/charms all from the box. I decided to use the spacer beads on here, along with a couple of the small glittery beads (matching of course - I'm a stickler for matching), some grungy galactic stars, and a few of the clear bicone beads.



 


Finally here is the progress so far on the Middle Earth map. I'm hoping to get at least one page done before I start back on the other one.
 

 
Happy crafting
Ems

Comments

  1. We should all have someone we matter to. Lovely stitching and jewellery making!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We should do but some people unfortunately slip through the cracks. Those of us lucky enough should be ever thankful that we love and are loved in return.

      Thanks for the compliments about the craft work :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If you leave me now...

A colleague left this week, ready to start her police office training, so I made a funny card for her. I found the definition on Pinterest, then decided to do my own line up for the inside.  I've also been working on the stitch. Here's the update. Not as much done this week cos of Christmas.  Until next year,  Ems

What to do when you hit a wall?

Sorry guys, this is gonna be another pic-lite one. This is for two reasons. The first is because I decided to be a complete idiot the other day and crack my head open on the door at work, so I have to take things easy for a couple of days. The second is strange. I woke up the other day and it was as if someone had flipped a switch. All of the self-confidence that I had built up through my crafting over the last year has disappeared - just like that. I've spent the large majority of my life thinking that I am not good enough; in what I do, what I say, in short, in who I am. With crafts I was finally starting to believe in myself. So it is very hard at the moment, as I feel that I am right back at square one. I am hoping that this is temporary, and that I will soon feel myself again. I have to remind myself that I am very early in my crafting journey, and there are bound to be bumps along the way. I am aware that it is probably linked to my current state of high anxiety, as susta

Altering again!

My craft mojo came back! I decided to treat myself the other day to a new paper pad, and chose G45 Steampunk Spells. Graphic 45 papers are expensive but boy are they worth it! I wish I'd got into them sooner as there are some older pads that are gorgeous, but unavailable now. Anyway, once I got the pad and overcame the urge to just admire the paper and do nothing with it, I got to work. I decided to try to make something to enter into a couple of challenges, namely the  Craft room something old, something new challenge  and  That's Crafty! Girl power challenge . The first thing to do was to decide what to make. I was going to do a card, but then I found this: This was a cutlery drawer that a friend gave me. To be honest I have been using it to store sharpies in, but no more. Here it is now: What a change! I started by painting it in black acrylic, then got to work on each section. I used the Clockworks paper for the background, cut out some clocks fro