Skip to main content

More jewellery making

I decided to make some jewellery yesterday, after becoming a little unstuck lately with the papercraft. As stitching is on my mind a lot, having two major projects on the go at once, the other crafts tend to take a back seat sometimes. However, I got my findings out yesterday to have a little play, and this is what I came up with.
 
 
A pair of earrings with butterfly glass charms, and toadstools below.

 
Another pair of earrings, butterfly charms again, and a pair of silver keys.

 
Finally another pair, with the butterfly charms again, and some gold plated leaves. I like the fact that all you have to do is change the colour of the findings you use to make three totally different earrings.

 
A necklace. I was going for a shooting star thing here, which looks better in person than in the pics. I started off by threading some stars/gems onto head pins, and cutting them to different sizes. I then got an eye pin, threaded some metal beads on them, and put the head pins in between. I dug out an old chain and attached it to the eye pin (you'll notice the lobster clasp is at the bottom of the necklace rather than the top.)


Finally I made a cluster chain, using a Tim Holtz swivel clasp.

 
This section has the last butterfly charm, a key charm, and some gold beads.

 
This section has a ceramic star, a love spacer bead, and a lady bird (love bug!)

 
This section has some gold and silver beads, with two star charms at the end.

 
The final section was a fragment charm. I got some green paper, stamped it, inked the edges, added a small amount of stickles, then attached it to the fragment charm. Once dry I added the metal butterfly, which fell off a hairband years ago.

 
Here is the progress on the Middle Earth map so far. I was hoping to get at least two pages done before going back to the other stitch, but I'm not sure that's feasible now, so I will be happy with finishing one in it's entirety and doing as much of the second page as I can.
 
Happy crafting
Ems

Comments

  1. Love your crafty bead play and your stitching is Fab - Thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS jewellery Ems! I love them all. Well done! I'm playing catch-up with your blog because I've been M.I.A. for more weeks than I care to admit. It's lovely to be back peeking at what's currently keeping you busy. Sending regards and hoping you're keeping well. ~ Cobs. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cobs - and it's been delightful to see your blog back up and running :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.





So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…