Skip to main content

A couple of cards...

I've not been doing much at the moment; little energy combined with concentrating on writing has left me a bit drained. So this will be a short post. First of all, here's where I am on the Middle Earth stitch at present.



This is still page two. This is going to be a huge project and should serve as a reminder that I DON''T NEED ANY MORE CRAFT STUFF!!! Sorry, maybe if it's in capital letters I'll actually pay attention to it.
Case in point, I did buy a few things the other day. A shatter stencil, and some mixed media thinlit dies. In my defence (which isn't much of a defence) I did at least shop around.
Anyway, back on topic. I've also made the cards I needed for next month, namely my dads birthday and fathers day.

This is the birthday one, made using a free gift paper pad I got ages ago from a magazine. The flowers were already cut so it was just a case of assembling them, and you can see I used one of the thinlit dies to cut the bottom blue panel so the yellow shined through. It just shows that flowers can be masculine.

This is the fathers day one. I started off by using a couple of distress pads and a spray with the shatter stencil, then using the rain drop stamp. This didn't work as well as I hoped (my fault as I didn't use an acrylic block) so I covered over the worst parts. I then die cut and embossed an umbrella man, inking it so that it was almost a silhouette/shadow, with light shining in places. I coloured some letters in gold paint, stamped and inked a sentiment, and added a beige flower in the corner. This is my favourite out of the two. I love the shatter stencil and can see it being used a lot in the future.


  1. Hello Ems. I just wanted to let you know I have nominated you for The Infinity Dreams Award. No pressure and no worries if you don’t want to do it – but here is the link if you want a little more information:

    Sending love and crafty hugs ~ Cobs. x


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.

The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.

So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.

Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.

I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 

I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!

I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…