Skip to main content

We have so much time and so little to do! Strike that - reverse it

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while but I haven't really been doing anything other than stitching, working, and writing, so there hasn't been much to update. I have started working on something else but it's nowhere near finished. So I thought I would update on my progress vis-a-vis the resolutions I set myself this year.

Writing wise I am now at over 50,000 words. As I have said before the 500 words a day really works for me. It's a manageable chunk, and relatively simple to do. That being said, it is not always easy. There have been a few occasions when I've been too mentally exhausted to write, and have delayed it so that I write 1000 words the day after, or I have written 1000 words in advance knowing there is a 12 hour shift ahead of me.

I'd speak about fizzy drinks but it's a bit redundant now. One thing I will mention is occasionally I have substituted fizzy for chocolate milkshakes, and had a few too many. These are now being cut back.

Savings wise I have been putting the money away but I've also been wasting money when I really shouldn't. I thought I had a handle on it last year but it seems to have crept back in again. I'm working harder on this now.

Weights/Bikes/Walking every day. Still doing this but recently I've been a bit despondent about it as it doesn't seem to be making much of a difference. I think I need to combine this with snacking less.

Finally, cross stitch is illustrated best with pictures.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…