Skip to main content

Altered notepad

First things first, here is this weeks decluttering items.



A pair of green tights. Great looking on someone like Bernadette from Big Bang, but with someone with bigger legs like mine, they make me look like Kermit the frog. Bin. 

A pair of orange tights. Same thing as above (except the frog part). To be honest I think I'm a little old for coloured tights. Bin. 

A striped scarf. Never worn it, no idea where I got it. It's gone to a charity shop.

Winter hat. I got this a couple of years ago as a christmas present but I've got a Kermit the Frog hat and gloves (sometimes I do like to look like Kermit!) so this one has gone to a charity shop. 


A trilby. Another present, but unfortunately it does not suit me, so I've taken it to a charity shop. 



A wooden toy. Got one as a present, it didn't work so we took it back and I added the extra money to get this one. It's nice, but I don't need it. I don't have room to put everything up so charity shop it goes. 


Big item this! A FOTR cardboard cut out. Mum used to work in Woolies at the height of Tolkien fever, so she got me a lot of the ad stuff after it was finished with. For years now it's been on top of my wardrobe gathering dust. So it's going in the bin. Well, gone in the bin.

Finally here is my make of the week. I decided to try my hand at an altered notebook. I started off by cutting some music paper from Tim Holtz French Industrial stash to size, then stamping a trio of butterflies on it. I then stamped the butterflies on a piece of paper, cut them out and used them to mask the ones of the notebook paper to create a mask, before spraying with a few distress sprays. After this I attached it to the notebook, cutting it at the spine so it sat better. 


For the front I painted some grungepaper letters to make a title, then used texture paste with a blossom stencil, painted that with brass perfect pearls, and added some flowers from my stash.

For the back I spattered some distress paint. I did stamp on the back but it didn't work out, so I used some crackle texture paste with a stencil which also didn't work. Don't use a heat gun on clear crackle paste, as it doesn't go clear. I added some distress paint here, and also a grungeboard lamp. Finally I used the mixed media thinlits die, coated it in embossing powder, and glued it to the side.

I'm this close to finishing page four of the Disney stitch now, so I'll be working on that till I finish so I have as much time as possible on the LOTR stitch. I've also treated myself a little, from a bonus I got this week. I know it's counterproductive when I'm decluttering, but a bonus is supposed to be a guilt free treat! I'll share what I bought, and the Beadhaul box, when I get them.

Until then, happy crafting!
Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new challenge

Not crafty related which is why it's in a separate post. When I mentioned about not decluttering in a recent post it got me thinking. When I have been successful in completing something it's because I have broken it down into manageable chunks, so I have decided to attack decluttering using the same method. So, from now until the day I can't decide what to get rid of, I will be getting rid of one item a day. Here are the rules.

1. It cannot be food - obvious reasons there
2. A photo must be taken of said item - there are exceptions to this rule. I am not going to subject you to a picture of my old underwear should that be an item I get rid of.
3. Once chosen I cannot change my mind - this is relevant when I am in the middle of filling up a bag to give to charity. I cannot dig through it, once an item is in there, there it stays.
4. I must explain here where I got it (if I remember) why I am getting rid of it and where it is going.

So, with that in mind here are the first i…

Time! Look where we are...

Wasn't going to post anything today, then I decided that it's been ages since I've entered a challenge! So I looked around and found That's Crafty were hosting a challenge with the theme of time. So here is my entry to that. See if you can spot the time link...


Got it yet? I decided to celebrate my favourite Time Lord, Doctor Who! (The Eleventh incarnation to be precise)
The star is symbolic of Galifrey. It's chipboard, painted with tarnished brass distress paint, stickled with the same colour, then edged with weathered wood distress pad. The blue symbols are foil, embossed and sanded. The embossing folder just reminded me of Galifreyan writing!

The background is clocks *(not sure but I think it's a Docraft set) to which I inked the edges in weathered wood and added some remnant rub ons.

Bow tie. Cos bow ties are cool! This was made from Sew Lovely paper.

You can also see a shrink plastic keychain Tardis here, complete with bead sonic screwdriver and key. Cos e…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…