Skip to main content

No I'm not that stupid!

The title refers to this weeks decluttering, as the first two items are credit cards. Cut up and put in the bin, I have not used them for years now, and don't intend to. As far as I'm concerned, if I can't afford it I'm not buying it. I obviously didn't take pictures beforehand, as I would just invite fraudsters. The other items this week are:


A dreamcatcher I got from the Isle of Wight. I loved it, but unfortunately in twisting it around I snapped it and rendered it useless. In the bin.



A gypsy skirt. Not worn for a year or so and I prefer the 50's style ones now, so it's off to the charity shop.


A lace top. I don't think it suits me, so it's going to the charity shop.


A London T shirt. Never worn, don't really like the boxy shape, so to the charity shop it goes.


A blue lace top. I've had a bit of wear from this over the years but it's size 6, and I am most definitely not. To the charity shop it goes!

Next item up, and it's back to the crafting. I have made a 21st birthday card. I decided to go traditional, and bring back something that's not been used for a while. The 21st key! 


The key is grungeboard, painted silver. The 21 was actually a 27 that I cut to make into a 1. It was painted gold with perfect pearls. The background was embossed, with a green layer behind, which matches the bow. (The bow was made from a freebie die from a magazine- it's amazing!)


I've also been making some jewelry, using some of the Beadhaul boxes and some things from my stash.


These are hoop earrings. You take the wire out of the hoop, thread on some beads, then close it up and add a hook. I also added a metal star charm to each, to give it a little something extra.


Similar to the star ones, with the addition of some mini gold dice charms that I got from a shop ages ago.

The other thing I made was a necklace. I have had an owl charm (huge) for ages and I wanted to do something with it. I made a wire nest charm with wire (obviously) and a trio of golden pearls that I've had for ages. 


Once that was finished (there are some great tutorials online if you want to make a nest necklace yourself.) I used the coconut beads from a previous box, and some blue beads from a different box, to make a necklace. I used clam clasps for the first time to trap the wire, using a seed bead on each one to secure it, before attaching the clasp needed to close the necklace.  


So there you go - busy week! The new Beadhaul box should be here by the end of the month so more jewelry will be on the way soon. For now, I have some other things to make, and some big things to declutter next week, so see you then!
Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you hit a wall?

Sorry guys, this is gonna be another pic-lite one. This is for two reasons. The first is because I decided to be a complete idiot the other day and crack my head open on the door at work, so I have to take things easy for a couple of days. The second is strange. I woke up the other day and it was as if someone had flipped a switch. All of the self-confidence that I had built up through my crafting over the last year has disappeared - just like that. I've spent the large majority of my life thinking that I am not good enough; in what I do, what I say, in short, in who I am. With crafts I was finally starting to believe in myself. So it is very hard at the moment, as I feel that I am right back at square one. I am hoping that this is temporary, and that I will soon feel myself again. I have to remind myself that I am very early in my crafting journey, and there are bound to be bumps along the way. I am aware that it is probably linked to my current state of high anxiety, as susta

If you leave me now...

A colleague left this week, ready to start her police office training, so I made a funny card for her. I found the definition on Pinterest, then decided to do my own line up for the inside.  I've also been working on the stitch. Here's the update. Not as much done this week cos of Christmas.  Until next year,  Ems

Altering again!

My craft mojo came back! I decided to treat myself the other day to a new paper pad, and chose G45 Steampunk Spells. Graphic 45 papers are expensive but boy are they worth it! I wish I'd got into them sooner as there are some older pads that are gorgeous, but unavailable now. Anyway, once I got the pad and overcame the urge to just admire the paper and do nothing with it, I got to work. I decided to try to make something to enter into a couple of challenges, namely the  Craft room something old, something new challenge  and  That's Crafty! Girl power challenge . The first thing to do was to decide what to make. I was going to do a card, but then I found this: This was a cutlery drawer that a friend gave me. To be honest I have been using it to store sharpies in, but no more. Here it is now: What a change! I started by painting it in black acrylic, then got to work on each section. I used the Clockworks paper for the background, cut out some clocks fro