Skip to main content

No I'm not that stupid!

The title refers to this weeks decluttering, as the first two items are credit cards. Cut up and put in the bin, I have not used them for years now, and don't intend to. As far as I'm concerned, if I can't afford it I'm not buying it. I obviously didn't take pictures beforehand, as I would just invite fraudsters. The other items this week are:


A dreamcatcher I got from the Isle of Wight. I loved it, but unfortunately in twisting it around I snapped it and rendered it useless. In the bin.



A gypsy skirt. Not worn for a year or so and I prefer the 50's style ones now, so it's off to the charity shop.


A lace top. I don't think it suits me, so it's going to the charity shop.


A London T shirt. Never worn, don't really like the boxy shape, so to the charity shop it goes.


A blue lace top. I've had a bit of wear from this over the years but it's size 6, and I am most definitely not. To the charity shop it goes!

Next item up, and it's back to the crafting. I have made a 21st birthday card. I decided to go traditional, and bring back something that's not been used for a while. The 21st key! 


The key is grungeboard, painted silver. The 21 was actually a 27 that I cut to make into a 1. It was painted gold with perfect pearls. The background was embossed, with a green layer behind, which matches the bow. (The bow was made from a freebie die from a magazine- it's amazing!)


I've also been making some jewelry, using some of the Beadhaul boxes and some things from my stash.


These are hoop earrings. You take the wire out of the hoop, thread on some beads, then close it up and add a hook. I also added a metal star charm to each, to give it a little something extra.


Similar to the star ones, with the addition of some mini gold dice charms that I got from a shop ages ago.

The other thing I made was a necklace. I have had an owl charm (huge) for ages and I wanted to do something with it. I made a wire nest charm with wire (obviously) and a trio of golden pearls that I've had for ages. 


Once that was finished (there are some great tutorials online if you want to make a nest necklace yourself.) I used the coconut beads from a previous box, and some blue beads from a different box, to make a necklace. I used clam clasps for the first time to trap the wire, using a seed bead on each one to secure it, before attaching the clasp needed to close the necklace.  


So there you go - busy week! The new Beadhaul box should be here by the end of the month so more jewelry will be on the way soon. For now, I have some other things to make, and some big things to declutter next week, so see you then!
Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…