Skip to main content

I can't feel my hands....

I'm reminded now, as I look at my hands, of Penny in TBBT as she attempts to make jewellry, and ends up with nothing but glue on her hands. This is what my hands look like right now, as if each finger has grown a sticky little coat. Shows I've been busy though!

Start off as always with the declutter. Here are this weeks items.



An old insurance policy. Definitely not needed any more so it's gone in the bin.



My university lecture print outs. I have to admit, this one was hard. It was finally admitting to myself that that part of my life was over. Still, I ended up screwing up my courage and throwing them away. 


A perfume sampler. Didn't really like this one, I think it's aimed at teens. Bin.

A Sherlock Holmes museum pen set. I got this when I went to London and I'm ashamed to say I've never used it. I'm giving it to a charity shop where hopefully it will catch the eye of a fledgling writer.

An embossing folder. Came free with a magazine but it's not the type that I use so it's going to charity.

A flower die. I tried using this but I'm kack handed. Got the Tim Holtz spiral ones instead now so charity shop.

A Flower Bigz die. I actually got this for free when I had to go back to Hobbycraft when my Big Shot had pieces missing. It hasn't been used much, and I have better ones, so it's going to a charity shop.

Next, onto the crafts. I won't post my stitching progress as there hasn't been much.

This is what I was saying about mixing and matching Beadhaul boxes. The coconut beads are from the last one but the skulls are from a previous one (Lady Fury I think) and so are the black beads. Simple necklace and bracelet, perfect for guys. 




Two bracelets, using lobster clasps, green shell beads, and flowers. I started by stringing a large bead onto wire, then putting both ends through the flower, so it was at the centre of the bracelet, before threading the green beads on, and finishing with a lobster clasp. 




A pair of charm bracelets now. I used some spare chain I had, the fish connector bead, a head pin with some arrow head beads on it cos I thought they looked like scales, then the conch shell, seahorse and palm tree added as charms.



Finally, and the reason I'm all gluey, I've made my christmas cards. I decided to go all elegant this year, and use some stuff I've not used before. I started off by embossing trees onto the left hand side of the card, then a sentiment embossing folder on the right. Then I added a strip of paper between the two, and made some fancy bows to add to the strip. Simple but effective (took hours though!)



So that's this week's crafts. There will hopefully be more next week as I'm on holiday, so free to stitch/craft as much as my heart desires. Already got more ideas for jewellry.
Happy crafting
Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…