Skip to main content

back to our regularly scheduled programming

Second post of today, and it's back to decluttering and my makes. Decluttering first.



An Avon perfume. This was given to me as a gift. I've used it all up so bin.

Deodorant. Used up so bin.

Ankle socks that don't quite go past the heel. Think they've shrunk (my feet certainly haven't grown.) Bin.

Knee high socks. The scourge of my fat calves. Bin.


Sherlock and John necklaces. Bought these ages ago from a very talented woman on Etsy. I have a number of Sherlock scenes in boxes from her so I've decided to donate these to charity.

Disney badges. Got loads of Disney merchandise so some of it has to go. Charity.

A box file. Used to store my university stuff. It's been about a decade since I've even looked in here, which is depressing. But life doesn't always turn out how you thought it would. It's time to move on. Charity shop.


Now onto the makes. First things first, I completed page 4 of the Disney stitch!!!


I also decided to make a few tags this week. For the first, I started off by using an embossing folder on the tag. I then used a few distress sprays for the background, then a blossom stencil and brown ink over the top. I also inked the edges. I stamped a bird house and a couple of birds, as well as a sentiment, onto card, coloured them and attached them with foam pads. The birds were coloured with distress markers, the house with distress ink pads. Finally I coloured a wooden flower shape using distress pens and glued it on.


I used coral spray for the second one, then texture paste and a sentiment stencil, which i then inked. I also splattered some metallic paint here and there. I used some rub ons on a photobooth picture, added some flowers and a grungeboard heart. The heart was inked with red distress ink, then coated with glossy accents, with a few gears and clock hands attached. Finally I added a circular tag, heart charm, and a few beads. 


Of the two I like the first the best. I was initially worried about getting the smaller sized tags, but I actually find these easier to work with than the size 8 most people get.

Happy crafting everyone!
Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…