Skip to main content

....and now for the big finish!

Hey all (who read this anyway). I don't know if anybody has been wondering about my progress novel wise at the present time, but I thought I would mention it. I've been feeling a little lacklustre lately, which has been reflected in my writing (or lack thereof) It's easy to lose faith in yourself, and oh so hard to get it back sometimes. Anyway, I digress.

First thing, let's get the decluttering out of the way. Here is the other half of what was my Funko collection.








Admittedly I was a little naughty, buying myself a few new items.




How cool are these! Limited edition, and both working items, not just decorative (the pendulum even swings on Cogsworth) Perfect to go with my completed cross stitch. They actually arrived the day I completed it. Kismet.









That's right, another resolution completed. This has taken me about a year (not solid because of the two months off in between) but it has really been worth it. I will admit there are some negatives about this stitch. The thread tangles a little too easily but the main issue I have is with the pattern itself. The french knot colour shades did not match the colours on the colour key chart, and having some of the codes in black made them really hard to find, not to mention the fact that some of the french knots were on the edge of a page, making them really easy to overlook.

I've had a bit of trouble inspiration wise regarding the latest Beadhaul box (so not just with the writing, sometimes when you are depressed it hits that creative side of you) , but I have managed to use two of the acrylic circles with some beads in my stash to make a couple of elasticated bracelets.



I will be cutting the edges off once the knots have dried.

Finally, I made a tag using the G45 voyage beyond the sea papers.



I decided to play it simple for this tag, letting the papers speak for themselves as it were. I used paper to back the whole tag, then cut some gears out of cardboard, embossing them with Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powder and some distress embossing powder in a similar colour. I then cut out a phrase, a man on a fish (love the man on the fish) and mermaid, as well as a smaller phrase. After attaching them with foam pads I added a few flowers that had been sprayed with a few different colours and edged with bronze ink.

Anyway, week off soon and I'm going to plan the week out so I start being productive again. I have kept to the no zero days since I read about it, but sometimes I feel like what I am doing is never going to be enough. Not quantitatively, or qualitatively. We shall see.
Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…