Skip to main content

....and now for the big finish!

Hey all (who read this anyway). I don't know if anybody has been wondering about my progress novel wise at the present time, but I thought I would mention it. I've been feeling a little lacklustre lately, which has been reflected in my writing (or lack thereof) It's easy to lose faith in yourself, and oh so hard to get it back sometimes. Anyway, I digress.

First thing, let's get the decluttering out of the way. Here is the other half of what was my Funko collection.








Admittedly I was a little naughty, buying myself a few new items.




How cool are these! Limited edition, and both working items, not just decorative (the pendulum even swings on Cogsworth) Perfect to go with my completed cross stitch. They actually arrived the day I completed it. Kismet.









That's right, another resolution completed. This has taken me about a year (not solid because of the two months off in between) but it has really been worth it. I will admit there are some negatives about this stitch. The thread tangles a little too easily but the main issue I have is with the pattern itself. The french knot colour shades did not match the colours on the colour key chart, and having some of the codes in black made them really hard to find, not to mention the fact that some of the french knots were on the edge of a page, making them really easy to overlook.

I've had a bit of trouble inspiration wise regarding the latest Beadhaul box (so not just with the writing, sometimes when you are depressed it hits that creative side of you) , but I have managed to use two of the acrylic circles with some beads in my stash to make a couple of elasticated bracelets.



I will be cutting the edges off once the knots have dried.

Finally, I made a tag using the G45 voyage beyond the sea papers.



I decided to play it simple for this tag, letting the papers speak for themselves as it were. I used paper to back the whole tag, then cut some gears out of cardboard, embossing them with Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powder and some distress embossing powder in a similar colour. I then cut out a phrase, a man on a fish (love the man on the fish) and mermaid, as well as a smaller phrase. After attaching them with foam pads I added a few flowers that had been sprayed with a few different colours and edged with bronze ink.

Anyway, week off soon and I'm going to plan the week out so I start being productive again. I have kept to the no zero days since I read about it, but sometimes I feel like what I am doing is never going to be enough. Not quantitatively, or qualitatively. We shall see.
Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time! Look where we are...

Wasn't going to post anything today, then I decided that it's been ages since I've entered a challenge! So I looked around and found That's Crafty were hosting a challenge with the theme of time. So here is my entry to that. See if you can spot the time link...


Got it yet? I decided to celebrate my favourite Time Lord, Doctor Who! (The Eleventh incarnation to be precise)
The star is symbolic of Galifrey. It's chipboard, painted with tarnished brass distress paint, stickled with the same colour, then edged with weathered wood distress pad. The blue symbols are foil, embossed and sanded. The embossing folder just reminded me of Galifreyan writing!

The background is clocks *(not sure but I think it's a Docraft set) to which I inked the edges in weathered wood and added some remnant rub ons.

Bow tie. Cos bow ties are cool! This was made from Sew Lovely paper.

You can also see a shrink plastic keychain Tardis here, complete with bead sonic screwdriver and key. Cos e…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

A new challenge

Not crafty related which is why it's in a separate post. When I mentioned about not decluttering in a recent post it got me thinking. When I have been successful in completing something it's because I have broken it down into manageable chunks, so I have decided to attack decluttering using the same method. So, from now until the day I can't decide what to get rid of, I will be getting rid of one item a day. Here are the rules.

1. It cannot be food - obvious reasons there
2. A photo must be taken of said item - there are exceptions to this rule. I am not going to subject you to a picture of my old underwear should that be an item I get rid of.
3. Once chosen I cannot change my mind - this is relevant when I am in the middle of filling up a bag to give to charity. I cannot dig through it, once an item is in there, there it stays.
4. I must explain here where I got it (if I remember) why I am getting rid of it and where it is going.

So, with that in mind here are the first i…