Skip to main content

a bit belated...

I've got used to doing posts on a Sunday, but the dwindling daylight hours makes it harder to take decent pictures of my work, and I couldn't take the pics of one piece until Monday. I also made a tag yesterday, which I'm entering into thats crafty flower challenge , so I decided to wait until today to post everything. So, first of all, the tag.

I've had the wing forever, used half for a different project. I started off by inking a tag with frayed burlap and old paper, using the frayed burlap to ink through a numbers stencil, and using mica powder and texture paste through a different stencil in the corner. When that was dry I used tea dye to stamp music notes on it. Background done, I cut out a vintage photo from the Tim Holtz collection and added the wing to it. I then added lace to the bottom, some wooden elements which I embossed with Lindy's embossing powder (cannot get enough of these), and die-cut some flowers from an old leaflet (very old, I found it in a medical text book from early last century) which I inked blue, before assembling and gluing a bead into the centre. Finally I inked a butterfly and glued it to the side.

I also made a tobacco tin for my uncle. It's hard making things for men. You have to think simple, and resist the urge to add flowers and butterflies.





As you can see I kept it simple. A tin, sanded down, with die-cut gears attached. Painted black, then a little bit of gold distress paint, and mica powder, and a few gems.

I've been working on my latest stitch too. Here is the progress so far.



It's probably about a quarter finished, which isn't bad progress really. I'm working right to left for some reason.

Finally, declutter. Only one picture today, as the other six items were knickers. Went to Exeter a couple of weeks ago and bought some new underwear, so the old ones had to go!

The curse of having too many toiletries stockpiled. I almost finished this, but on opening it the other day the lovely fruit salad smell had become rank. So unfortunately it had to be thrown away.

Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…