Skip to main content

a few things in and a few things out...

Hope you all had a nice Christmas! First of all, here are the decluttered items. I'm stopping doing this at the end of the year, so I can concentrate on next year's resolutions (more on that next time). Here are last weeks items, plus todays.


Lindy Bop skirt. I do love Lindy Bop but sometimes they don't suit me. This skirt is a bit too full, so you need a petticoat underneath it or it ends up getting caught between your legs. I've got a Lindy Bop dress that is a similar pattern, so it's going to the charity shop.


A sweater vest. I went through a period of wearing stuff like this, but if you've got a bit of a belly it doesn't suit, plus I don't wear trousers much anymore. Charity shop.

A black blouse. Not fond of the short sleeves so charity shop.

A Forever 21 top. This makes me look a bit frumpy to be honest. Charity shop.

Lindy Bop dress. The fabric is what put me off this. I love the cotton ones, hate the shiny polyester ones. Didn't realise this was when I ordered it. Charity shop.

Polka dot shirt. Got a couple of white based blouses that are much nicer than this. Charity shop.

A summer dress. It's....nice, but I prefer the cut of Lindy Bop. Charity.
A hair brush. Did you know you are supposed to replace these every couple of years? Never knew myself. I've had this one for....longer than that. Bin.

Now for the ins. Christmas presents!!!!


Distress crayons and a Tim Holtz bag.
 Dies! Lovely selection. A couple of embossing ones too. Can't decide which is my favourite.

Sarah Millican DVD. I watched this tour live. She is an amazing comedian, you should definitely see her if you have a chance.

Pair of Skechers. I go through trainers really quickly so these are much appreciated.

A Pandora charm. I love the little glasses on here.


A Beast showcase figure. This is really unusual.

I had last week off, but being Christmas, I didn't do much in the way of crafting. I did make something though.




Apparently part of my hair wanted in on the pictures! This started off as a wooden sign, which I painted with white gesso, before adding some texture paste with the brick stencil. once dry I sprayed with various lindy's sprays. I die cut some gears, alternately embossing them with lindy's embossing powder, and ranger Verdigris powder, before gluing them on and finally adding some yellow flowers.

Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you hit a wall?

Sorry guys, this is gonna be another pic-lite one. This is for two reasons. The first is because I decided to be a complete idiot the other day and crack my head open on the door at work, so I have to take things easy for a couple of days. The second is strange. I woke up the other day and it was as if someone had flipped a switch. All of the self-confidence that I had built up through my crafting over the last year has disappeared - just like that. I've spent the large majority of my life thinking that I am not good enough; in what I do, what I say, in short, in who I am. With crafts I was finally starting to believe in myself. So it is very hard at the moment, as I feel that I am right back at square one. I am hoping that this is temporary, and that I will soon feel myself again. I have to remind myself that I am very early in my crafting journey, and there are bound to be bumps along the way. I am aware that it is probably linked to my current state of high anxiety, as susta

Altering again!

My craft mojo came back! I decided to treat myself the other day to a new paper pad, and chose G45 Steampunk Spells. Graphic 45 papers are expensive but boy are they worth it! I wish I'd got into them sooner as there are some older pads that are gorgeous, but unavailable now. Anyway, once I got the pad and overcame the urge to just admire the paper and do nothing with it, I got to work. I decided to try to make something to enter into a couple of challenges, namely the  Craft room something old, something new challenge  and  That's Crafty! Girl power challenge . The first thing to do was to decide what to make. I was going to do a card, but then I found this: This was a cutlery drawer that a friend gave me. To be honest I have been using it to store sharpies in, but no more. Here it is now: What a change! I started by painting it in black acrylic, then got to work on each section. I used the Clockworks paper for the background, cut out some clocks fro

If you leave me now...

A colleague left this week, ready to start her police office training, so I made a funny card for her. I found the definition on Pinterest, then decided to do my own line up for the inside.  I've also been working on the stitch. Here's the update. Not as much done this week cos of Christmas.  Until next year,  Ems