Skip to main content

a few things in and a few things out...

Hope you all had a nice Christmas! First of all, here are the decluttered items. I'm stopping doing this at the end of the year, so I can concentrate on next year's resolutions (more on that next time). Here are last weeks items, plus todays.


Lindy Bop skirt. I do love Lindy Bop but sometimes they don't suit me. This skirt is a bit too full, so you need a petticoat underneath it or it ends up getting caught between your legs. I've got a Lindy Bop dress that is a similar pattern, so it's going to the charity shop.


A sweater vest. I went through a period of wearing stuff like this, but if you've got a bit of a belly it doesn't suit, plus I don't wear trousers much anymore. Charity shop.

A black blouse. Not fond of the short sleeves so charity shop.

A Forever 21 top. This makes me look a bit frumpy to be honest. Charity shop.

Lindy Bop dress. The fabric is what put me off this. I love the cotton ones, hate the shiny polyester ones. Didn't realise this was when I ordered it. Charity shop.

Polka dot shirt. Got a couple of white based blouses that are much nicer than this. Charity shop.

A summer dress. It's....nice, but I prefer the cut of Lindy Bop. Charity.
A hair brush. Did you know you are supposed to replace these every couple of years? Never knew myself. I've had this one for....longer than that. Bin.

Now for the ins. Christmas presents!!!!


Distress crayons and a Tim Holtz bag.
 Dies! Lovely selection. A couple of embossing ones too. Can't decide which is my favourite.

Sarah Millican DVD. I watched this tour live. She is an amazing comedian, you should definitely see her if you have a chance.

Pair of Skechers. I go through trainers really quickly so these are much appreciated.

A Pandora charm. I love the little glasses on here.


A Beast showcase figure. This is really unusual.

I had last week off, but being Christmas, I didn't do much in the way of crafting. I did make something though.




Apparently part of my hair wanted in on the pictures! This started off as a wooden sign, which I painted with white gesso, before adding some texture paste with the brick stencil. once dry I sprayed with various lindy's sprays. I die cut some gears, alternately embossing them with lindy's embossing powder, and ranger Verdigris powder, before gluing them on and finally adding some yellow flowers.

Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.





So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

Money...does grow on trees?

Ok no it doesn't (more's the pity). I decided that to help me keep going on with my savings I needed a visual aid. I didn't want to go for the usual thermometer, so I did something a little different. I started by grabbing the box that the Tim holtz stamp platform (always keep the packaging!) and painting it with sparks paint. I put a patterned paper inside, and then die cut some branches and flowers. I also die cut three butterflies, coating them with gold, silver and copper wax respectively, to represent the coins we in Britain have.



As you can see, it is completely bare on the right hand side. This is because I have set myself a target. Each branch is worth a tenth of that target, and each flower is worth a fifth of a branch. So, I am just shy of halfway on my target.
I also finished my other stag. I kept it simple this time, just coated it with foam cogs, painted it with black gesso and then used silver wax. Simple, but striking.


Finally, here is the progress on the …

Dreaming of the sea...

I've been making jewellery this week, purely because I have not been able to think of what to do mixed media wise. Here are my makes.



This was a white resin shell, coloured with alcohol ink and with some sparks painted small art stones added to mimic barnacles. A bail was added to this, then i made a necklace with some white and green pearls, and finally added a dreaming of the sea charm. 

This is a bracelet. Something simple; just a wool wrapped centre bead, some white beads and extender chains to finish. 


A bookmark, made with some peanut green beads and a couple of flower charms. 
Finally, here is the update on the stitch. I'm over halfway through now. 

Ems