Skip to main content

Sugar....so much sugar

Been making a few things to order this week, which is a bit of a change for me. First of all, a friend asked me to make a wedding card for her best friend, so I decided to go for a vintage look with the paper dolls.



 I went for a 'something blue' theme. I die cut a piece of card with a mixed media die, backed it onto a blue patterned paper, and added a blue ribbon. I coloured key pieces of the wedding couple blue, then die cut their names.

I belong to a Facebook group who are doing a giveaway, so I decided to donate a few things.

These are paperclay, painted black, brushed with wax and with a bail glued on the back.



A similar thing but slightly more intricate. I got some prima bulbs, glued a skeleton paper on the back (can't remember where they came from) then added a pair of paper clay wings to them, coloured with wax.











Two notebooks here, done in the same way. I started off by gluing card to the front and back, before painting them with black gesso, then with chalk paint. I stamped them with a suitable image front and back with archival ink (didn't come up very clear but I think it adds to the whole degraded look) I then added some sand texture paste and some art stones on the spine and on parts of the front and back, painting them black and adding wax. Finally I stamped the same images on the inside pages. 

I've made a little progress on the cross stitch. Not much unfortunately as other things (like work) got in the way. Still, any progress is a step forward.


monster of milkshakes
it is filled to the brim with
cakes, sweets and whipped cream



Last year I read about a local place in Newquay that did freakshakes. They closed over the winter but I emailed them earlier this year to ask them if they were still going to do them and they answered in the affirmative. So this week I decided to go. Asked them again, just to be sure, and it turns out they changed their mind. Balls. Thankfully, Frankie and Benny's have just started doing them. Above, is the aptly names, cookie monster. They do this, and one other - movie magic.

Sugar overload! This is a chocolate and vanilla milkshake, with cookie syrup, malt balls (some malteser sized), chocolate sauce, whipped cream, and pieces of broken cookie. Don't worry if you can't finish it, they have takeaway cups (which the lovely woman serving us informed us when she saw my face). However, I was on a challenge, so finished it in one sitting. They are a tad expensive (£5.95) but if you think about it as a dessert rather than a drink it's not too bad. The cookie syrup meant it wasn't overly chocolatey, but I would suggest ordering something savoury to eat so you can take a break from the sugary goodness. The movie magic one sounds interesting - vanilla ice cream with popcorn flavour syrup, salted caramel sauce, and sweet and salted popcorn. A better balance overall I think.

Ems



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…