Skip to main content

do do do do-do do do do do do

It's been a more productive week this week craft wise. I've actually managed to finish the calendar tags. Here are the last five months.


I wanted the flower here to look more like autumn leaves in colour.


I love this one. I didn't want to go too far down the Halloween route, so I added a black cat and a little girl with a pumpkin at the top.


This was the nearest I could get to daisies. I love the little butterflies on here.


The butterfly on this was actually from the May page, but March is my mum's month, and purple is her favourite colour, so I put it on here.

The last month was May. Butterflies again!

Good thing is I have plenty of extra things from the Time to Flourish papers, including some beautiful poetry that I will find a use for.

I've also made a birthday card, which will not fit in an envelope.


I started off by stamping my own background, with stamps from a magazine and my new dewdrop inks. I aged them with vintage photo distress ink, and then cut a frame from black card and coloured it with vintage gold prima wax. I added a turquoise stone at the top then a couple of paper dolls, before adding a sentiment from the chitchat range.


Finally you can see what it is! Feels like I have made a little progress.

off to the circus
wander at the spectacle
of the acrobats

So this week was originally Flambards, but it is impossible to get there by public transport, so I changed it to Paulo's circus, which comes to Newquay every year during the summer. Never been before, heard good things, so headed out there.



There were a few positives - especially the tightrope walker, and the wheel of death at the end. Also the quick costume change magician. The rest was a little meh unfortunately. The acrobatics would have been more impressive if they were higher up (adding a sense of danger) and if it were done with a little more grace. I shouldn't judge; its not like I can do any of these things, but it could have been better. More importantly though, the children there were entertained, and in an age of ipads and special effects, that can only be a good thing.

Ems


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…