Skip to main content

Spring has sprung!

Ok we have had two nice days, but it's a start! As the weather has been a little better, I decided to do a spring themed tag.



I started by covering a tag in resist paper, spraying it with Lindy's spray in blue then inking it over with distress ink. I then used the crackle stamp and some blue embossing powder, to create something more in the background. I had already die cut some paper using a honeycomb die (for the second tag which is below) so I coloured it with blue pen. I sprayed some paper with Lindy's sprays and die cut wildflowers, as well as the word spring using the edge of the sprayed paper, so that only a few drops were on it. Finally I used a metal bird and a little bow.

My second tag came about because I tried to cut the honeycomb die with grungeboard, which did not work. It did leave a nice embossed feel though, so I decided to use it to do a second tag.


After cutting the grungeboard I die cut the honeycomb die again, using the inner shapes to glue onto the card, which I had painted with Sparks paint in Fairy Wings. I used various sprays on the background, as well as a filigree corner. I had a Snip Art frame that I sprayed and used wax on. I added a paperdoll and a snarky saying on there, as well as some resin flowers that I coloured with alcohol ink and added pearls to. Finally I used some brown lace to tie a bow at the top.

I also tried making a bracelet. It's not bad, but I could have done with tightening it a little more, but it is a learning process. The fact I actually managed to follow a pattern, albeit it a simple one, is progress. Next I want to try the St Petersburg stitch.


Speaking of stitching, here is the progress on the photo stitch.

It's been a productive week. The extra hours of light are really helping with this, as well as giving me time to work on my other crafts. I'm not sure what I am going to do next though.

Ems


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.





So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…