Skip to main content

Using some of my stash

I decided to make a couple of cards this week, and to dig through my stash to find stuff I have seldom/never used before. Here are the results.


This is using a stamp set that came free with a magazine, which makes it really easy to do coloured birds without the need to colour them in yourself. As well as this there is a stamp I have had for ages and used once, which I used for the grass and the sky, some tiny tattered florals with jewels in the middle, and a bow from my stash


This was made with a combination of new and old things. The papers are all old, and I inked them with distress crayons, going with blue around the edge of the outer one instead of my go-to browns and blacks. The frame is snipart coloured with ink, and the plants were coloured with lindys magicals and a little bit of yellow distress crayons. The sentiment I did in two different shades of blue, but it was too different so I used distress glitter over the top.

I've also been working on a new stitch project, which will be put to the side very soon as I have had a couple of requests. Here is where I am at the moment.



From this you would have no idea what it is would you? It is actually poppies. The plan was to finish it by November, but as I have been asked to do a couple of cross stitches for someone, this will have to be put on hold. I'm just working on it until they arrive. I've been reimbursed for them, so I haven't had to fork out for the cross stitch kits myself at least. I did order a couple of things this week, as Beads Direct had their grab bags again and from the pictures they looked good this time around. I'm pretty skint for the rest of the month though, although I have my trusty cinema giftcard to use if I want to (Avengers at the end of the month!)

Until next time
Ems



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.





So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…