Skip to main content

Crafty Creatives Vintage Spring Sugar Box!

Two posts in two days! Who'da thunk it?

Anyway, as promised, here is the review of the Crafty Creatives Spring box. I used to subscribe to Crafty Creatives, but decided not to continue my subscription after the price increased and it became kit based. It's still a good idea if you like learning new crafts but i preferred the older style. So when they announced a spring special box i snapped it up!


Ah I've missed these - I used to love getting a box of surprises each month. So far I have found nothing to replace it. Anyway, to the contents!

This is the first of three kits, a wire decoration kit. 


Not one, but two pom pom makers! They aren't really my cup of tea, but my mum has been looking to get one for ages, so i gave them to her. This was kit 2.


I love this fabric! I'm thinking of using it with the Vintage Cross stitch i completed to make a cushion. What do you think?




Some papers and vintage French pics. I can definitely find some use for these with the amount of papercraft i do.

Pearl beads and a lace butterfly.


Kit 3 - a spring style hairband complete with an origami butterfly. 

A reel of sticker. Apparently there are different words available. 


Here are wooden bunny buttons, a bow cameo, some paper flowers, some bluebirds, flower gems (which would look great as jewellry), some porcelain beads (which kind of remind me of the light pull in bathrooms) and some bookmarks. I've already got some ideas for the bookmarks, along the lines of the tags i've done but obviously 2-D otherwise i wont be able to use them as bookmarks!

Overall i'm pleased. I would have liked a little teacup charm or something similar because nothing says vintage like a miniature tea cup!

*This was ordered way back in February, before the spending ban!*


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.





So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…