Skip to main content

My first challenge! Tim Holtz May tag

Well i have finally decided to put myself out there a bit as it were and try a challenge! I loved the look of Tim Holtz' new tag (check it out on his website) so thought i would try to do my own version of it. It's slightly more feminine than his, and doesn't have as much on it. Crafters have always lived in a state of paradox - we buy crafty things because we think they are gorgeous yet we never seem to use them. Tim's challenge was for us to go through our stash and use some of our long stashed stuff. Here is my take on it






The background of the charms is Madam Payraud paper (my go to at the moment) edged with faded burlap distress ink. The heart is a grungepaper one, covered with nail polish as i couldn't find the right shade i wanted in my craft stash, so i raided my nail polish stash! There is a grungepaper keyhole behind the key as well, coated with faded burlap and gold ink. The word blessings is part of an embossing folder that has words to do with thanksgiving (part of an Autumn set), inked with black ink to help the word stand out. Finally the tag is inked with tattered rose, using a bit of water to give it a different look.

I was pleased with this, not bad for a first attempt at a challenge! 
Sorry for the short post but i will be updating tomorrow or Monday with a review of the new CC box.
Emma

Comments

  1. Wonderful tag! You did a great job on your first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have to admit, seeing the great jobs that everyone does i was a bit nervous of posting mine up!

      Delete
  2. Emma, glad you put yourself out there. The more you do that, the easier it gets! Great tag! The little scissors are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. I guess I'll have to do more of these if i want to put myself out there a bit!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful tag Emma....lovely colours...You have used some cool treasures on your creations...Love the cute little scissors!! :) I also want to thank you for the sweet comment that you left on my blog for my Timmy tag :) Jan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan :) I'm nowhere near the level of talent that you are of course!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you hit a wall?

Sorry guys, this is gonna be another pic-lite one. This is for two reasons. The first is because I decided to be a complete idiot the other day and crack my head open on the door at work, so I have to take things easy for a couple of days. The second is strange. I woke up the other day and it was as if someone had flipped a switch. All of the self-confidence that I had built up through my crafting over the last year has disappeared - just like that. I've spent the large majority of my life thinking that I am not good enough; in what I do, what I say, in short, in who I am. With crafts I was finally starting to believe in myself. So it is very hard at the moment, as I feel that I am right back at square one. I am hoping that this is temporary, and that I will soon feel myself again. I have to remind myself that I am very early in my crafting journey, and there are bound to be bumps along the way. I am aware that it is probably linked to my current state of high anxiety, as susta

If you leave me now...

A colleague left this week, ready to start her police office training, so I made a funny card for her. I found the definition on Pinterest, then decided to do my own line up for the inside.  I've also been working on the stitch. Here's the update. Not as much done this week cos of Christmas.  Until next year,  Ems

Altering again!

My craft mojo came back! I decided to treat myself the other day to a new paper pad, and chose G45 Steampunk Spells. Graphic 45 papers are expensive but boy are they worth it! I wish I'd got into them sooner as there are some older pads that are gorgeous, but unavailable now. Anyway, once I got the pad and overcame the urge to just admire the paper and do nothing with it, I got to work. I decided to try to make something to enter into a couple of challenges, namely the  Craft room something old, something new challenge  and  That's Crafty! Girl power challenge . The first thing to do was to decide what to make. I was going to do a card, but then I found this: This was a cutlery drawer that a friend gave me. To be honest I have been using it to store sharpies in, but no more. Here it is now: What a change! I started by painting it in black acrylic, then got to work on each section. I used the Clockworks paper for the background, cut out some clocks fro