Skip to main content

WIP continued

Thought I'd show my latest progress on the two pieces I'm working on at the moment. I was slightly disappointed that nobody bothered to hazard a guess at the subject of my box that I started showing last week. Seeing as how my brother was completely surprised at what I made him for his birthday, I now realise that not even my family bother to read my blog, which is depressing to say the least.

Anyway, for those of you who may have been wondering, the box has an Alice in Wonderland theme! Todays progress is below


The only clue on the outside is a quote. 





This was a cameo with some cogs in. I've learnt from this that Rangers accents range and my printing ink don't mix. 










Each piece was printed out, coloured with watercolour pencils in the places I wanted them to stand out. I then backed them onto chipboard, cut them out, then inked the edges with antique linen and vintage photo, which is a really good combination for ageing them. The next stage (and last) will be to get the right findings for each piece.

The advent calendar progress has been slow, but I had an idea the other day, which I'm now working on. I had two wreaths from a CC box, so grabbed them.


I started with balling newspaper up and glueing it to one of the wreaths


The other one I just put strips on.


Following on from the newspaper, I used thin tissue to paper mache the first wreath and left it to dry


Here is the progress so far. Basically the themes are naughty and nice and of course, when you are naughty santa gives you coal, so that's the one in the foreground. It's actually come out quite well. 

Spending wise it's not been good at all honestly.I got the £20 back for my toaster and used it for sandwich thins, chocolate bar multipacks, Terrys choc orange, giant buttons, shreddies, weetos, microwave rice, french fancies, a cross stticher mag and some marmite. I also topped up my phone £15 and paid the phone bill £23.14. 

On the 6/5 I went to Asda and got some milkshakes, kievs and pork belly slices for £10.32. On the 8/5 I went to Boots and got a load of reduced stuff, a pork and potato salad, red velvet cake, Starburst and some Dr Pepper. 

9/5 was Carl's birthday and I said I'd take him out to dinner. Franky and Benny's was his choice. Two rump steaks, one bacon cheese burger, garlic bread, two apple pies, a milkshake, lager and cocktail cost me £80! Then I went to Peacocks and got 6 t-shirts, 2 dresses and a pair of shorts (some for me, some for mum) and it cost me £66. I've decided this blip costs me a task, so when I make the last birthday present I won't get a treat.

Finally, I lent mum £300 to go on holiday with her brother. I know one of my problems is I'm too generous with my money but to be honest, how many times is she going to be able to spend time with her family in the future? 

Finally the tasks

1. Starry night cross stitch (DONE)
2. Project book (DONE)
3. Book plans (some  progress)
4. Read and review 100 books (71/100)
5. Make 14 christmas presents (started work on second half)
6. Make 11 birthday presents (1 left)
7. Make calendar, box and tags (some progress)
8. Hit minimum savings target (47%)
9. Kili cross stitch (completed 7/9)
10. 50,000 words (11533/50,000)
Ems


Comments

  1. Great ideas for the wreaths, Ems! They're looking good.

    As for the relatives not reading your blog .... very few relatives read blogs of their family. Mine have to be asked several times, guilt tripped and then given a hurt look before they'll look at mine, so don't think you're alone. All us bloggers have to stick together, because relatives don't 'get' our love of blogging our crafts.

    Family. Gotta love 'em. (but couldn't eat a whole one! lol) ~ Cobs. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you hit a wall?

Sorry guys, this is gonna be another pic-lite one. This is for two reasons. The first is because I decided to be a complete idiot the other day and crack my head open on the door at work, so I have to take things easy for a couple of days. The second is strange. I woke up the other day and it was as if someone had flipped a switch. All of the self-confidence that I had built up through my crafting over the last year has disappeared - just like that. I've spent the large majority of my life thinking that I am not good enough; in what I do, what I say, in short, in who I am. With crafts I was finally starting to believe in myself. So it is very hard at the moment, as I feel that I am right back at square one. I am hoping that this is temporary, and that I will soon feel myself again. I have to remind myself that I am very early in my crafting journey, and there are bound to be bumps along the way. I am aware that it is probably linked to my current state of high anxiety, as susta

Altering again!

My craft mojo came back! I decided to treat myself the other day to a new paper pad, and chose G45 Steampunk Spells. Graphic 45 papers are expensive but boy are they worth it! I wish I'd got into them sooner as there are some older pads that are gorgeous, but unavailable now. Anyway, once I got the pad and overcame the urge to just admire the paper and do nothing with it, I got to work. I decided to try to make something to enter into a couple of challenges, namely the  Craft room something old, something new challenge  and  That's Crafty! Girl power challenge . The first thing to do was to decide what to make. I was going to do a card, but then I found this: This was a cutlery drawer that a friend gave me. To be honest I have been using it to store sharpies in, but no more. Here it is now: What a change! I started by painting it in black acrylic, then got to work on each section. I used the Clockworks paper for the background, cut out some clocks fro

If you leave me now...

A colleague left this week, ready to start her police office training, so I made a funny card for her. I found the definition on Pinterest, then decided to do my own line up for the inside.  I've also been working on the stitch. Here's the update. Not as much done this week cos of Christmas.  Until next year,  Ems