Skip to main content

Another task down!

Well today I have finished another task! Before I get onto that, I'd like to share a little thing I did. I had some spare glass tiles and saw a neat trick online for them, so I used Stazon ink to ink a pattern onto it, then used stickles behind it. Once it was dry, I glued it into a pendant base. Here is the finished result

Neat isn't it? I used three different stickles on there to give it a gradiated appearance. 

Anyway, onto the main event as it were!

The final thing to do on the calendar was to add the word OR, which was grungeboard stickled, and to add the curtains. For the curtains I glued the sides onto there, leaving it to dry before using a craft knife to cut the excess off. The upper part of the curtain was traced onto thin paper before cutting it out in the red paper, and sticking it on with foam pads to give some dimension. I finished off by glueing some gold gems onto the sides to make it look like tiebacks, and lining the top part of the curtains to add a bit of glam.

As you can see, the theme is naughty or nice. Similar to halloween's trick or treat, the key is to randomly fill the boxes, half with your recipients favourite sweets, and half with the ones you know they hate! (So for me that would be strawberry dream Roses choc and coffee/raisins!) It's pot luck day to day; you don't know whether you will get a really nice treat in the morning or a horrible wake up call!

Of course this means I've earned a treat. I've decided what I want, but it hasn't been released yet so I have to be patient. 

Spending wise, I bought chicken drumsticks, quavers, choc digestives, yoghurts, and a robinsons concentrated fruit drink (£10) . I also bought two pairs of boots from New Look - £27.99 down to £12 each in the sale, as my work shoes broke. I redeemed my first £10 amazon voucher from swagbucks, and spent an extra £6.98 on top of that to get back to creative writing school by Bridget Whelan, and The essential guide to writing a novel by Richard Skinner. I got a banoffee pie, profiteroles, Magnums, cod pieces, fries, a bacon chicken wrap and milkshakes (£11.76) and fish, chips and curry sauce (£6.80) 2 Dr Pepper zeroes (£2) and some rice krispie squares (£1)

Finally yesterday I took some change out of my jar to get two cartons of milk, and also got some strawberry muller rice, cheese spread, two mini quiches, donuts, choc bars (6), wotsits, squares, bananas, a colouring book for mum to take on the coach, some cat tins and some cat biscuits (£18.64)

Finally, as always, the tasks

1. starry night cross stitch (DONE)
2. Project book (DONE)
3. Book plans (no progress)
4. Read and review 100 books (75/100)
5. Make 14 christmas presents (no progress)
6. Make 11 birthday presents (no progress)
7. Make calendar, box and tags (DONE)
8. Hit minimum savings target (47%)
9. Kili cross stitch (on page 8/9)
10, 50,000 words (30%)


Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.

The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.

So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.

Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.

I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 

I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!

I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…