I seem to be doing quite well at the tasks at the moment. This morning I finished another one - the Kili stitch.
All I have to do is find a frame for it now. I've started work on the next one already, which should be finished quickish as it's a smaller one. After that it's on to some pretty difficult ones.The treat for completing this will be the extended version of the last hobbit film which isn't out for a while.
I've also been finishing something else - the Alice in Wonderland box. When last I updated I had done the backgrounds and the pictures, so the final thing to do was to add the little touches.
The drink me sign was done in shrink plastic, then tied onto a bottle with twine, attaching a little key as well (from the scene where Alice is trying to get out of the door)
I found a cool little trick for flowers. This was a plain flower, white in colour. I edged the petals with distress paint and then used distress ink to stain the rest. I love the way the gold shines through!
The Alice inside is just printed out and stuck onto card. I almost couldn't get it in there! It's from the scene where Alice is about to drink the potion.
Here are two more flowers, one painted with red at the end of the petals, one with metallic paint and distress ink.
Here is the queens bottle. The king of hearts (as a playing card) is inside, there is a royal crest charm attached with red twine, and two flowers.
Here is a clock face, from an old clock. I used crackle glaze to age it, then added two game spinners. The raven is embossed in script stamp, then inked with black soot distress ink. Why is a raven like a writing desk?
Around the edges I have painted some rabbit buttons white, and also added some dominoes charms and orange flowers (all from my stash)
You can just see here that as well as a drink me bottle, I also have an eat me cake.
I got a wood word crazy, and stickled it with blue stickles (we're all crazy here) The cards on the left were made of shrink plastic, curled slightly then attached with wire. It kinda reminds me of when they were all fleeing the cheshire cat.
Here you can see an upside down pincushion, made from a wooden cotton reel, a stuffed piece of material, and a decorative pin. Why upside down? Why not? He is a mad hatter after all!
Finally as well as the bottle I added a grungeboard crown which is painted with distress paint and stickles added to make jewels.
Spending wise I ended up changing my mind about the treat. I bought a t-shirt from teefury for £13.33, and got a chinese to eat for £13.90
Unfortunately this means this month has been an almost total failure, what with over spending and lending out money, and I can only put £75.50 in my ISA this month. It's disappointing certainly, but it's my own fault, and I won't let it make me quit. It's a blip, and one I am now going to strive to correct.
Finally, the tasks
1. Starry night cross stitch (DONE)
2. Project book (DONE)
3. Book plans (no progress)
4. Read and review 100 books (76/100)
5. Make 14 christmas presents (no progress)
6. Make 11 birthday presents (no progress)
7. Make calendar, box and tags (DONE)
8. Hit minimum savings target (48%)
9. Kili cross stitch (DONE)
10. 50,000 words (18332/50,000)
Happy crafting everyone, and here's to a frugal June