Skip to main content

Focussing on one thing for the rest of the year...

This is just a short post to say I'm putting everything crafty related on hold for the rest of the year until I finish the first page of the cross stitch. There will be one post at Christmas, reviewing the first Beadhaul box (can't review it till then as it's a present) and one reviewing my spending over the year (I still have one target to hit, which I should do this Friday) The good thing is it will give me some time to properly plan a new craft piece. It'll be card making again soon (birthdays etc) although not presents as I've made those already (shows being super organised is not always a good thing)

So, here is where I am in the cross stitch now.

 
For those of you who haven't seen one of these before, it's a cross stitch chart. Each symbol represents a different colour. I highlight it when I've done the colour, so I don't screw up (too often anyway)

 
That patch in the middle that hasn't been highlighted I had left as it was involving sparkly thread. After spending ages trying to thread the needle, tangling everything, and only managing three stitches, I decided to get rid of the sparkly thread on this piece.

This is where the bulk is needed.


 
As I said earlier on, I should hit my final target, which was to save a third of my wages, on Friday. Which means a treat. I was thinking of buying a camera but I'm trying something first. My old laptop is working...slightly. I can log on, but I can't use the keyboard in any way. However, this does mean that once I log on I can click the on screen keyboard and work the slow way. So theoretically (I need to charge my camera before I find out) I could upload the pictures onto the old laptop, save them onto a key, and then put them on here. Fingers crossed!
 
Ems

Comments

  1. Blimey that looks complicated but so relaxing to do also. A big thank you for leaving a lovely comment on my blog a few weeks back Emma,really appreciate that.
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…