Skip to main content

Key holder

Well I managed to pull my finger out and finish the key holder. It started off as a white holder, same as the one I altered before. I started by gluing some gems onto the butterflies, then painted it all black, then gold. After that I distress embossed some of the butterflies.

The wings and circle from a couple of posts ago were painted black then bronze, and distress embossed in the same way. Before I distress embossed the circle, I added a time piece so that it looks like a clock. I glued them together and attached to the holder. Finally, I cut some flowers out of Steampunk Spells paper, glued a filmstrip onto the holder, and glued the flowers, plus some paper flowers from my stash onto the strip, and attached a blue ribbon to hold it up.




 
As you can see, one of the hooks is bent. I could not bend it back! (certified weakling)


 
I like this cos it's got that steampunk vibe but the flowers give it a vital spark of colour.
 
Next week off so I'm heading to Newcastle to see my best friend. Which means a fourteen hour coach trip each way. Thankfully this laptop is small enough to fit in my bag.
 
Ems

Comments

  1. Fab make Emma,very striking.
    Thank you for leaving a nice comment on my blog a few weeks ago,it's really appreciated. Hope you're ok
    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donna - it's good to see you back blogging but remember you are far more important than your blog. If it's helping you get through a hard time that's great, if it becomes a slog then take some time out. That's what I do.
      Hugs
      Emma

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…