Skip to main content

Unfinished...

This week's task has not been completed, but has been started, so I am still counting it. The reason why it has not been finished is simple; after getting some bad news this week I did not feel inclined to complete it. The news has made me think though, of all the things that will remain unfinished after I am gone. The half completed cross stitches, the rough drafts of books. The craft projects I have still to do. Another reason to stop buying craft things, and be content with the things I have. Speaking of crafts...


This was made with a few of the newer things in my stash. I started with a tag, using a wood grain stencil and texture paste, before spraying with Lindy's sprays. Makes a fantastic background. I then stamped and coloured a circus elephant, added a chit chat phrase, and then cut out some 3D stars.




 I wanted to do a Christmas display that was almost like a window display. I had a spare 3D photo frame, so I covered the outside of it in a festive paper, then on the inside I added a load of ephemera and a festive tree.


As you can see the cross stitch is coming along nicely. There will be a delay in doing this, as I am going to alternate between this one and a new piece that is coming in. I know I said I wasn't going to buy any more, but this one is for a very special reason. Priority will go to the new one, although this one also has a deadline.


Something I wish I didn't have to make. A sympathy card. They are so hard to make as nothing seems enough to say to someone who has lost so much, especially when you also feel that loss. Still, I persevered. The design is simple, with a full moon backing a border of plants, and a sentiment stamp. On the inside I put a short poem I found online, as everything I tried to say seemed clunky.

an attempt to sew
A-line, mini, pencil, flare
made with cloth and thread

So after I made that cushion last week I dug out some material and started trying to follow a pattern to make a skirt. I am not very good at following patterns, but have cut out the pattern, and started sewing pieces together. I would say I am about halfway through. I have a lot of craft styles, but sewing is my mum's forte, not mine. I'm hoping to work on this though, especially to get my craft supply swindling a bit, and perhaps to have a new outfit when I am on my spending ban next year.

So that's it for this week. There probably will be a delay in the next post, for various reasons, but when I post again I will catch up on the week's I may have missed.

Ems

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying out some new dies

Well, one new die. I also tried out some black shrink plastic and butterfly dies to make some jewellery. The trick with doing this is to roll the shrink plastic and the die back and forth through your machine more than once. Black shrink plastic tends to be difficult to cut. Anyway, once I had successfully cut out the butterflies I shrunk them. The best thing to do is to shrink them on the lower setting. After they had shrunk, I painted them with the new Sparks paints I got just before Christmas, before assembling them into earrings.


The pictures don't show just how beautiful the butterflies are. It's a perfect way of doing a pair of earrings for someone.
I've also tried my hand at making a slider card. There is a mistake there, as I didn't position the background paper properly so there is a little kraft paper showing through, but overall it went well. With these ones, if you are using the spiral slider piece you need to make sure that you use foam pads in the middl…

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.





So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…