Skip to main content

Out with the negative, in with the positive.

It's been a weird week this week. I didn't do what I had originally planned for this week, as what has happened recently made me think. Before I get onto that, I want to talk about the crafting side of my week.

First, in a change to the regularly scheduled programming, instead of what I have done crafty wise, here is what I have recently bought.



Muppets themed papercraft! There was so much of this, but I had to limit my spends to two items. This is a paper kit, with some lovely backgrounds as well as your favourite characters (though I note a certain Swedish Chef is absent)



Even better than the papers - stamps! These are so cool and will work as backgrounds or focal points.


Envelope die. Technically I didn't buy this. I ordered it, then was told that it was not in stock so got a refund. Then the parcel arrived. Now, I felt uncomfortable getting this when I had got my money back so I phoned the company up and explained the situation, and offered to pay for it again. They told me that I didn't need to!


Country View Crafts do an advent calendar every December where they have different daily offers. This was from one of the days (I have another lot on the way). Here you have two lots of word dies (different words of course) which will really help with my sentiments. There is also a bow die, and a detailed butterflies die.

The reason I wanted to show what I have bought first, is that when I share this on Facebook I do not want the next picture to be the one in the link.

This is the first page finished of my newest cross stitch, and the face of my lovely dearly departed aunt. I've got five pages left to do, and the frame as well. I'm aiming to get this done by what would be my aunt's next birthday.

stop complaining
find solutions not problems
because life is short

So, instead of my original plan I replaced it with this. To spend a week being mindful of my negativity, and instead of just moaning about things, to try to find a solution to my issues. Overall I think I did well. When I did moan I reworked what I was saying into a more positive (or constructive) criticism. There is no point in saying what does not work, if you are unwilling to at least try to come up with an alternative. The atmosphere at work has been great this week (not because I have not moaned - I am not responsible for everyone's mood! lol) which has certainly helped, and the staff meeting that we had was very productive, as well as a great laugh. As was the Christmas quiz, which our team came second in (thank you Disney round!) I can't say I didn't moan at all, because it is a hard thing to stop doing, especially as along with cups of tea it is one of Britain's greatest pastimes, but it shows that when you are mindful of things, you can change your ways. Which will definitely help me with next year.

Ems


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to do when you hit a wall?

Sorry guys, this is gonna be another pic-lite one. This is for two reasons. The first is because I decided to be a complete idiot the other day and crack my head open on the door at work, so I have to take things easy for a couple of days. The second is strange. I woke up the other day and it was as if someone had flipped a switch. All of the self-confidence that I had built up through my crafting over the last year has disappeared - just like that. I've spent the large majority of my life thinking that I am not good enough; in what I do, what I say, in short, in who I am. With crafts I was finally starting to believe in myself. So it is very hard at the moment, as I feel that I am right back at square one. I am hoping that this is temporary, and that I will soon feel myself again. I have to remind myself that I am very early in my crafting journey, and there are bound to be bumps along the way. I am aware that it is probably linked to my current state of high anxiety, as susta

If you leave me now...

A colleague left this week, ready to start her police office training, so I made a funny card for her. I found the definition on Pinterest, then decided to do my own line up for the inside.  I've also been working on the stitch. Here's the update. Not as much done this week cos of Christmas.  Until next year,  Ems

Altering again!

My craft mojo came back! I decided to treat myself the other day to a new paper pad, and chose G45 Steampunk Spells. Graphic 45 papers are expensive but boy are they worth it! I wish I'd got into them sooner as there are some older pads that are gorgeous, but unavailable now. Anyway, once I got the pad and overcame the urge to just admire the paper and do nothing with it, I got to work. I decided to try to make something to enter into a couple of challenges, namely the  Craft room something old, something new challenge  and  That's Crafty! Girl power challenge . The first thing to do was to decide what to make. I was going to do a card, but then I found this: This was a cutlery drawer that a friend gave me. To be honest I have been using it to store sharpies in, but no more. Here it is now: What a change! I started by painting it in black acrylic, then got to work on each section. I used the Clockworks paper for the background, cut out some clocks fro