Skip to main content

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.





So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.


I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!

I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.


As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embossing powder, just to add a little something else to it.

I'm trying to be better spending wise, but I have had a few slips. Only cheap ones mind you, but it does add up. I did manage to et some storage baskets for only £3 thanks to an Argos voucher that I got for filling out surveys. With all the craft stuff I have, I need the storage space!

Ems



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Money...does grow on trees?

Ok no it doesn't (more's the pity). I decided that to help me keep going on with my savings I needed a visual aid. I didn't want to go for the usual thermometer, so I did something a little different. I started by grabbing the box that the Tim holtz stamp platform (always keep the packaging!) and painting it with sparks paint. I put a patterned paper inside, and then die cut some branches and flowers. I also die cut three butterflies, coating them with gold, silver and copper wax respectively, to represent the coins we in Britain have.



As you can see, it is completely bare on the right hand side. This is because I have set myself a target. Each branch is worth a tenth of that target, and each flower is worth a fifth of a branch. So, I am just shy of halfway on my target.
I also finished my other stag. I kept it simple this time, just coated it with foam cogs, painted it with black gesso and then used silver wax. Simple, but striking.


Finally, here is the progress on the …

Dreaming of the sea...

I've been making jewellery this week, purely because I have not been able to think of what to do mixed media wise. Here are my makes.



This was a white resin shell, coloured with alcohol ink and with some sparks painted small art stones added to mimic barnacles. A bail was added to this, then i made a necklace with some white and green pearls, and finally added a dreaming of the sea charm. 

This is a bracelet. Something simple; just a wool wrapped centre bead, some white beads and extender chains to finish. 


A bookmark, made with some peanut green beads and a couple of flower charms. 
Finally, here is the update on the stitch. I'm over halfway through now. 

Ems