Skip to main content

It's time to play the music, it's time to light the lights....

Before I get onto the crafting, I want to sum up February. Savings wise I had about £500 saved, and I had 16/28 days that were no spends at all, which is pretty good. Payday came around though, and as usual I spent too much. All of it was somewhat necessary though, as I have decided that my current desk is not fit for purpose anymore, so bought a new one from Ikea. I also managed to get some new things, thanks to birthday money. I have got my eye on something, but at the moment I feel it is too expensive to splash out on. I won't bore you with what I have bought, as I feel that keeping track of it myself is probably better to do. Weight wise I have had a bit of an overhaul after a particularly poor end of the month (why oh why does Asda sell Ben and Jerry's for a pound?!) I have downloaded my fitness pal, and am filling it in diligently, and keeping as close as possible to my calories. After a successful 10k steps a day last month, I have now upped it to 11k daily this month. Hopefully I will start seeing a difference soon.

Anyway, onto the crafting. I have made a couple of cards this week, but before I go onto those, here is the cross stitch update. All I have to do now is a bit of back stitch, a couple of French knots and some sequins, and then it is onto the next one.


As I said, I have also made a couple of cards. The first is for mother's day.


This was using a few of my newer things. I started off by cutting some pink card, then added some shabby paper on top of it. I die cut a fancy edge in pink but it didn't quite work so I covered it with a paper clay window that I had coloured with sparks paint and waxes, and added a die cut bow and leaf, and some flowers from the Craft Box. Finally I sprayed a chipboard sentiment with Lindy's spray, and assembled the card.

I have also made my brother's birthday card. He loves Muppets and guitars, so I combined the two.


This is from the Muppets paper pad from Create and Craft. I added some disco globe domes to the corners, and stamped a guitar sentiment on black card with silver embossing powder. I also added a star paper clip, also from the Craft Box.


Here is the inside. As well as the Animal sentiment, there are three of his favourite characters; Bunsen, Beaker and Pepe the prawn.

Until next time
Ems



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A few completed projects...

So I finished the Tiger in the Heavens stitch finally. I have decided not to put the sequins on it, as to be honest on reflection it makes it look a little garish, and not right for the intended recipient.





So, one is finished and the next one has started. I have to say I am loving my cross stitch floor stand. It makes it so much easier, even if it is a bit cumbersome getting it up and down the stairs sometimes! Below is the next project.

I have had at least two people remark that it looks like a pair of boobs in a bikini top in the middle, but you can see from the rest of it that it isn't that - that is, unless Wallace and Gromit has suddenly become X-rated!
I've also made a card this week. I haven't been able to do much, as on Saturday I got a delivery of some new furniture, so my room is a little bit of a mess to say the least. Still, I got my G45 papers out and had a bash at a card.

As well as the G45 papers, I used a couple of SnipArt wings and some Lindy's embo…

Writer's block

Writer's block so bad that I can't even think of a decent title apparently! I seem to have lost all confidence in my writing at the moment. It doesn't help that I have asked a couple of people to read The Ghost Lights, and not one of them has got back to me yet. Or maybe I am using that as an excuse.

Anyway, the writing may be on a low point at the moment (though I am working on some writing exercises to help me) but the crafting is going quite well. Here is what I have done this week.




This was an old bathroom cabinet we have had for donkey's years. It was white, so I started off by painting it with black gesso, then adding paper clay on the front. I coloured some of Tim Holts resist card and put them along the sides and the top, then added some paper clay borders. There were some gaps, because I am not neat when it comes to paper clay, so I mixed some art stones with texture paste and filled in the gaps. I painted the paper clay black as well, then painted it all wi…

Money...does grow on trees?

Ok no it doesn't (more's the pity). I decided that to help me keep going on with my savings I needed a visual aid. I didn't want to go for the usual thermometer, so I did something a little different. I started by grabbing the box that the Tim holtz stamp platform (always keep the packaging!) and painting it with sparks paint. I put a patterned paper inside, and then die cut some branches and flowers. I also die cut three butterflies, coating them with gold, silver and copper wax respectively, to represent the coins we in Britain have.



As you can see, it is completely bare on the right hand side. This is because I have set myself a target. Each branch is worth a tenth of that target, and each flower is worth a fifth of a branch. So, I am just shy of halfway on my target.
I also finished my other stag. I kept it simple this time, just coated it with foam cogs, painted it with black gesso and then used silver wax. Simple, but striking.


Finally, here is the progress on the …