Skip to main content

Country View Crafts Goody Box

I have spent ages contemplating whether or not to buy a goody box from Country View Crafts. It costs 14.99 but for the life of me I couldn't find a single review of one, bar a small blurb that someone loved the contents. So I bit the bullet and bought one. As always, delivery was almost instantaneous. I ordered it yesterday and it arrived this morning. Here are the contents.



Some wedding cake embellishments.


A wave shadow box.

Some ten second studio metal sheets - 12 in total, all A4 size


Three ten second studio moulds


Some embellishments. I like these as they will help when I get stuck for ideas for male cards


Some christmas tree shaped cards


Some double sided tape


Some glittery ricrac braids - green and silver


Some christmas flowers


A magazine. This came with it's own freebie, which was a project to make a recipe book


A project book, There are some gorgeous things in here


A lime shake n spray. Should be interesting!


Two wood mounted stamps. 




A bunch of papers. There are some beautiful designs here.

Overall getting a goody box is a no-brainer. You get so much here and, while admittedly it is from older lines, that is not necessarily a bad thing, especially for somebody who has not been crafting for years. All the stuff in here is new to me, and I can genuinely say there is nothing here that I don't want to use. I think my favourite items here are the tensecond studio things, and the shadow box as that was a complete surprise. 

If you like the look of these (obviously contents varies but there is a list of what you can get on the site) then you can find it here

Emma 

Comments

  1. Cor blimey Emma,there's loads there!! I do like your product reviews,they are really helpful.....might have to buy this myself now :)

    Hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was blown away with the amount in there - easily worth the price paid.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Feminine doesn't have to be pink

I was making a Christmas present for somebody the other day and I got an email from That's Crafty for their latest challenge, which is feminine, so I decided to enter it into it. I'm also going to enter it into Finnabairs denim journal challenge using blue as my inspiration.

I started off with a plain wooden chest of drawers, coating it with white gesso then with tissue paper. After it was dry I inked it with distress pads and coated it with crackle texture paste. The interesting thing here is that I then had to take away the wooden lines between the drawers as the glue had swelled them so they wouldn't fit!! Lesson learned.


This is one side. I used some Docraft Parisienne blue paper for the 'blue' of the box, using a thinlits mixed media die to make a negative image and allow the tissue to shine through. The panel was inked with walnut stain on the side. Finally I cut some flowers and butterflies out, adding a gem in the middle of each flower.
This is the top. S…

A new challenge

Not crafty related which is why it's in a separate post. When I mentioned about not decluttering in a recent post it got me thinking. When I have been successful in completing something it's because I have broken it down into manageable chunks, so I have decided to attack decluttering using the same method. So, from now until the day I can't decide what to get rid of, I will be getting rid of one item a day. Here are the rules.

1. It cannot be food - obvious reasons there
2. A photo must be taken of said item - there are exceptions to this rule. I am not going to subject you to a picture of my old underwear should that be an item I get rid of.
3. Once chosen I cannot change my mind - this is relevant when I am in the middle of filling up a bag to give to charity. I cannot dig through it, once an item is in there, there it stays.
4. I must explain here where I got it (if I remember) why I am getting rid of it and where it is going.

So, with that in mind here are the first i…

Time! Look where we are...

Wasn't going to post anything today, then I decided that it's been ages since I've entered a challenge! So I looked around and found That's Crafty were hosting a challenge with the theme of time. So here is my entry to that. See if you can spot the time link...


Got it yet? I decided to celebrate my favourite Time Lord, Doctor Who! (The Eleventh incarnation to be precise)
The star is symbolic of Galifrey. It's chipboard, painted with tarnished brass distress paint, stickled with the same colour, then edged with weathered wood distress pad. The blue symbols are foil, embossed and sanded. The embossing folder just reminded me of Galifreyan writing!

The background is clocks *(not sure but I think it's a Docraft set) to which I inked the edges in weathered wood and added some remnant rub ons.

Bow tie. Cos bow ties are cool! This was made from Sew Lovely paper.

You can also see a shrink plastic keychain Tardis here, complete with bead sonic screwdriver and key. Cos e…