Skip to main content

A review...

Just a quick one today, as there will be more posts than usual this week, being my week off. So, before I begin my review, here are the two updates to the Holiday Village stitch.



To be honest, I'm slightly worried about the threads with this one. Dimensions seem to be very economical with what they provide, and I'm thinking there may be at least one colour I will run out of. Apparently if I do then I can contact them for extra, which is good. 

Right, onto the review. I found out the other day about water soluble canvas, so thought I would try it out for next years birthday presents. You are supposed to tack it on, but I didn't as my hoop worked well to anchor it until I started stitching.


Here is what it looks like. I'd advise using one long bit of thread each time, so that you can loop it through to anchor it on the first stitch. After I had finished I cut off the excess so that I could use it for something else in future. (Hoping to have enough from all of them to do something for myself)


When done you soak it in hot soapy water. It does say to do it at about 50 degrees but I don't have a thermometer. It worked well anyway. I used washing up liquid. 


This is a Peacocks shirt, which cost £5. So did the soluble canvas so that's £10 plus the cost of the threads, although these were in my stash so didn't cost me. 


Here is a closer look at the pattern. I stitched it slightly off side (by accident) and it works really well. I'd definitely recommend this. I haven't used waste canvas but this is really easy to use, and the results are brilliant. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and I've run out of heart related puns....

First off, as always, the decluttering. All funkos this week (and next actually) They've gone to my brother.












Even my cute little Sauron!

Onto the makes. Haven't had a chance to make any jewellery yet and the stitch is not yet finished (on the final page now, which has the most french knots on) but I have made another heart.


I started by cutting two hearts out of some Tim Holtz paper. With the first I sprayed with green and brown Lindy's sprays, and glued it to the wooden heart. With the second I cut with a mixed media thinlit die on one side. It didn't work completely so I cut a bit away. I used texture paste with a brick stencil, then sprayed it with blue Lindy's sprays, adding a couple of drops of alcohol ink on certain bricks to darken it. 


I love Lindy's sprays - they call them magical for a reason!





I die cut loads of gears, painting them silver before attaching them to the heart. I added a couple of pieces of ephemera, a clock, and a wing I've had in…

Keep rolling, rolling, rolling,rolling.

I've completed a few things this week. The first is my cross stitch. Already started work on a new one too!

I had to substitute a fair few colours but it works I think.
I've also done a few cards, using the DoCrafts Build a Scene dies. I have three; around the world, fairground, and summer's day.


The good thing about the fairground one is that you can use one of the offcuts as an insert, which makes it easier when using black card. I used everything but the balloon dies in this one, adding a couple of wooden stars painted silver and some silver gems for the lights.


I should have done the deep orange card bit blue apparently, for the sea, but I didn't have two shades of blue paper! Oh well, it still works. Perfect for a card from the sunny seaside of Newquay, except the seagull isn't attacking someone. The best thing is the offcut from one of these dies is perfect for another card - which will be revealed once I make it.

I've also made a bookmark.



I think this…

Somewhere...beyond the sea

Scary thing happening tomorrow - my first day at a new job, so there will probably be a little less in terms of posting until I settle in. I've done some this week though.


This was the first piece. I had to show you the background before I put all the ephemera on. It's a few lindy's sprays with the bubble stamp. The thing that makes the bubble stamp pop is the use of white pen to highlight the bubbles. Really makes it come alive.
Here's the finished product. I coloured letters with blue ink, glittered with stickles and coated with UTEE. I cut out plant life and inked it with various colours, as well as stamping a clam and star fish, and colouring with distress crayons. Finally I added a few shells.

Continuing the nautical theme, here is a pair of earrings, made with items from the latest Beadhaul box.

My aunt and uncle have been down for a couple of weeks, and while they were down my uncle painted our staircase. So I made him a thank you card. I chose the Wild at H…